The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Looking for a vinyl 302 for the fender

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don't like the 5.0 badge and would like to get a 302 in vinyl about the same size as the 5.0. Maybe even a bar under it (like the old 302 badges) that has "Track Pack" cut out in it. I think a charcoal sticker on the black car would be cool and subtle.

Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Side-Badges-S302-Saleen-Dark-Horse-Pair-/181075574730?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a28f1ffca&vxp=mtr

GA
I didn't like the chrome 5.0 badges so I got these black ones from Late Model Restoration. Unfortunately there are two guide holes in the fender so you have to cover or fill them depending on what you want to do. I think the stripes will be thick enough to cover them but they could eventually show through.

DSCN3984_zps8a606078.jpg

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
When I had my '04, I hated the 40th anniversary badges. Pulled one, saw there were holes, covered with Hurst Equipped badges....and yes, it was equipped with a Hurst Shifter 8)

mcm514blur.jpg

GA
cosm3os said:
Where are the holes--the outside of the 0 and the outside of the 5 where the loop starts?

I forget exactly. I think they were both on the 5 in center. I'll dig up my stock badges and take a couple of pictures of the pins.

The aftermarket 5.0 badges do not have the pins so put a piece of painter's tape across the top, bottom, and sides before you remove it so that when you put the new one on it is level and in the same exact spot.

GA
mcmmotorsports said:
When I had my '04, I hated the 40th anniversary badges. Pulled one, saw there were holes, covered with Hurst Equipped badges....and yes, it was equipped with a Hurst Shifter 8)

mcm514blur.jpg

Cool. I like the "Powered by Ford" badges too.

Finally got it done! The black is matte and the border/lettering is dark silver gloss. Really happy with the results!

Pops in the light:

th_IMG_20130928_093720_349_zpsc92bf11a.jpg

Disappear's in the shadows:

th_IMG_20130928_093628_818_zps3c125f5b.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors