The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Looking for a Volunteer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I emailed them a few weeks back and the response was that they had given my request to the design team and they would let me know in the future if they were going to produce a model for the bosses. Pretty much a standard way of giving me a blow off answer.

FLGator

2013 Boss 302 LS #196 - Shadow
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Well, I sent them another e-mail to express our feelings and asked that they let us know what is really going on. We have been asking and they are still giving out the same vague answers. I'll keep you folks posted, if and when anything is ever resolved.

FLGator

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
I received a reply from Colgan Custom and this time their president included his response. In his response, he mentions that if we have anyone in the Orange Count area of SoCal to let them know. Guess we need to let them know that we would like a quality front-end cover for our cars. We are a small customer base, but that does not mean we can't ask.

I'll try calling again to see what happens.

FLGator

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Boss Ls,

Here is the number to contact is 800 423 5267 ext 9-612. Let us know what happens.

Now we need a 2013 Boss LS for them to look at. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I did an internet search and found a Ford dealer in Orange County that had 2013 V6, GT, Boss 302, and Boss LS cars on the lot.

I talked to Chavaly today at Cover Craft. They are in the process of makeing the templates for the 2013 boss, small splitter. I will have my car (2012 LS) to them the week of Feb 18th, we will do both the small and big splitters. It will be a ten week process before they will have them ready to go. We may need a 2013 with the big splitter for them, let me know any one wants to help out.

So will it still be a Colgan Custom through CoverCraft or marketed as a different brand?? I see they also sell LeBra at Cover Craft, but in my experience LeBra was a far cry from Colgan Custom...

FLGator

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Boss Ls - thanks for helping with this. It was just too far for me to drive from Fl to Ca. Nice road-trip, but just was not in my plans.

Z20WHAT - good question. I too would prefer the Colgan Custom. I'll ask.

FLGator

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
I had not heard anything from Colgan Custom so I fired off an e-mail inquiring about a status on the request. The reply I received yesterday stated that "I don’t have a pattern yet, but it is being worked on." If and when I get any updates I will post them.

FLGator

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
I fired off an e-mail to Colgan Custom earlier today and received a positive reply. They have made a front end cover (aka bra) for the Boss. You can go to their web site and check under this link Products - Original Bra then go to the bottom of the page where they have "Find the Original Bra for your vehicle", drill down to the Boss and then decide smooth or carbon fiber look and with or without front license plate.

I also put in a request for a discount to BMO forum members. I'll let you know how that works. And thanks to all who have helped to make this happen.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
I used one on my 04 Mach1 and loved it. When I sold it it had almost 20, 000miles and didn't have a single chip or mark from the cover.

Well.. I'm going to order one of these tonight. I just can't decide on the regular or carbon fiber look. Im planning a trip out to Carlisle PA for the Ford Nationals in a few weeks and would like to get this on the car before I go so that the inevitable fleet of bugs that I mow thru will not leave my front end a mess. I will post up a review and pics when I get it on the car.

FLGator

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
I ordered/received one, but it is for the regular Boss 302. I want the one for the Lauguna Seca. I'll find out tomorrow if that is possible. I went to Colgan Custom's website when I first ordered my front-end cover and it listed a different one for the LS. Just checked and that is no longer the case. So now I have to go through this all over again. I told the folks at Colgan Custom that I have never had this many problems spending my money.

And thanks again to all of you for helping to get these covers made. Do we need to get on Colgan for our friends with 2012's?

TMO Supporting Vendors