The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Looking for Install Locations for AutoBlip Controller on S197’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Scottsdale
I found that I had to reduce the throttle to around 35% and the time was also shorter that what it came with but love it now.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
I found that I had to reduce the throttle to around 35% and the time was also shorter that what it came with but love it now.
Same exact settings I settled on. I had it at 80% and couldn’t get the shifting right. Perfect now with 200ms duration

I finally got my Xineering blip module. Relatively easy install. Factory plug under the cup holders for an auto trans that I don’t have had the switched 12v and ground. Minor contortions allowed for the brake and clutch splice.

Question on the factory setting. I took it for a road test drive at non-track speeds and the factory default seemed like a large delta in RPM’s. I think track RPM’s should be ok. Does anyone have any experience with S197 Boss with Xineering blip modules settings?

I’ll be at a HPDE this Sunday.

Thanks!
Here ya go @ Pitt Race 05/21/23 . Hope the blip is working well.
20230521_095446.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Pittsburgh PA
Thanks for the setting advice and photo!

After adjusting, I ultimately found that the factory default seemed to work the best for the car and track. Just gotta work on the driver now.

Dumb question… the settings that work well for 5th to 3rd downshifts were a little off for 5th to 4th downshifts and visa versa. Anyone have the same issue and if so, is this just a driver training/ practice issue?

Thanks!

Thanks for the setting advice and photo!

After adjusting, I ultimately found that the factory default seemed to work the best for the car and track. Just gotta work on the driver now.

Dumb question… the settings that work well for 5th to 3rd downshifts were a little off for 5th to 4th downshifts and visa versa. Anyone have the same issue and if so, is this just a driver training/ practice issue?

Thanks!
Good seeing you! Sorry, I don't have the Xineering so can't help with the settings. I have the regular Auto Blip and double down shift if going 5-3. I'm curious what's happening on 5-4 in 5-3 settings - too much RPM? 5-3 in 5-4 settings - not enough RPM? If that's the case maybe pick the one you like the best and adjust your shift time when braking. 5-3 in 5-4 shift earlier so the RPMs are higher initially. And 5-4 in 5-3 shift later so the RPMs have more time to drop.

TMO Supporting Vendors