The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Looking for new tires Michelin PS4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getting close to time for new rubber on the Boss. Looks like these new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires have great reviews. Also thinking about going slightly larger on the stock wheels. Will the following sizes work?

Front:
265/40ZR19

Rear:
295/35ZR19

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
No, the 295 is too big for a 9.5" rim. Look at the chart below for recommended rim widths:

Tire Rack Michelin Pilot 4s

295s need at least a 10" rim. Most places won't mount a tire outside of the manufacturer listed range.

I'd stick with the stock sizes, since they're available for the 4s. You're not going to get much more, if any added grip by squeezing on larger sizes. You *will* lose responsiveness and feel.

I ran the 265/295 combo on my Boss but used 19x9 and 1910 wheels as Grant suggests. Don't forget to use the TMO Tire Rack link at the top of the page when ordering.

I ran those last season in a 275/285 configuration. Don't really have much to compare them to other than the stockers...

TMO Supporting Vendors