The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Looking for recommendations on rear spoiler.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well, you're definitely on the right track by using a different trunk lid. At work I've seen some different wings on various cars. Mostly corvettes and camaros. I cant think of the brands right now, but all were carbon fiber. One thing to think about though is with the added down force, you will probably need to have some different springs for the rear....takes time but dialing in the wing adjustment and the right spring combination will pay huge dividends

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Raytown, MO
Well, my aero package has changed since my last post. I managed to find a World Challenge front splitter NIB and am in the process of mounting it on the car. The Steeda wing is on backorder, not sure when it will arrive. I am wondering if it will be unbalanced with the new splitter and if something like the Big Wang will be more appropriate. Any thoughts?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
It is hard to tell , but did you consider getting a bigger , adjustable wing prior to ordering the Steeda? Assume you are getting the 2010-2015 small wing Steeda spoiler? If you have the WC splitter I personally would want the bigger wing used by the WC cars to achieve the likely downforce you were wanting. Steeda is a quality company , but the small wing is not likely to achieve the balance you are looking for in my estimation, but posting a pic of the front splitter might get you more responses.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I would bet it is , as most of the after market small wings are more for esthetics than actual function in my experience; Pretty sure that is the same splitter as on my car, and you will notice I have the big arse wingo!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Raytown, MO
Looking at pictures of other cars equipped with this splitter they pretty much all have the big wing in the back. Time to decide if a Gurney flap and/or bigger end plates are worth the extra money.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Scottsdale
I am in the same position right now. I have a splitter and hood vents with nothing in the rear. I am thinking the AJ Hartman 8" wing. Has anyone tried his wings? I have already on order a Archtype Banshee rear diffuser.

TMO Supporting Vendors