The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Looking for Reviews of Michelin Slicks SM9+ specifically

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
I may have a chance to get some 27/65R18 Michelin SM9+ tires. That narrow, it would seem that its likely a TCR car. Does anyone have info like....

What "publically available" tire does it drive like?
How do they wear? (sessions/days I can expect)
Do they heat cycle or wear out first?

I really should know this info out of hand, but I don't remember our tire size, I'll check for you, give me a bit.
The S9s are the harder of the compounds we use. The longevity is good, you can run them down to the cords, which we sometimes do. They only come with like 3mm of tread when measured from the depth hole when new, so you can use that as a barometer. If they've been on a race car they have likely had a 40 to 50 minute heat cycle on them.
They are 30 68x18

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel