The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

looking for rotor/pad combo for track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Carbotech, carbotech, carbotech...................hmmm , so the subliminal messages I am receiving via email are all from Roktman??? Dang , guess I will just have to get a Boss in the near future and see, and thanks for sending me the free Pagids to try out,ha.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
fuhrius said:
ArizonaGT, are you running the PFC's on the street too?

Negative, I swap them in the night before the track event (and then out when I get back home at the end of the weekend). I swap the front rotors as well so pad compound mismatch is not an issue. I am driving about 10 miles on the street with them each way. They are very noisy.

I'm going to start swapping them at the track from now on to save a couple hours.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Bill Pemberton said:
Carbotech, carbotech, carbotech...................hmmm , so the subliminal messages I am receiving via email are all from Roktman??? Dang , guess I will just have to get a Boss in the near future and see, and thanks for sending me the free Pagids to try out,ha.

If you look at Rocketman's license plate and blink you eyes very quickly his plate number appears to say "CARBTCH". I telling ya', he must own the company !

PS: What do you mean you don't have a Boss yet ? How can you stand the pain? It's imperative that you remedy that situation soon or else we'll all have to have a 'Boss Intervention' for you ! ;D

PeteInCT

Connecticut
I hope you didn't say that in the garage where 'she' can hear you. And sorry, we're only handing out 302R's this week. ;D

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well, Pete , I have a Boss now..................but there were too many subliminal messages on this Forum. Noises kept coming out of a Cloud that orange was fastest, so now there is an orange beast in my garage.

Guess I will have to wait by the mailbox for my free Pagids, unless I can stop this ringing in my head about Car-bow-Tek !

PeteInCT

Connecticut
Bill Pemberton said:
Well, Pete , I have a Boss now..................but there were too many subliminal messages on this Forum. Noises kept coming out of a Cloud that orange was fastest, so now there is an orange beast in my garage.

Guess I will have to wait by the mailbox for my free Pagids, unless I can stop this ringing in my head about Car-bow-Tek !

Do't let Gary fool you - he knows BLACK is the fastest. ;D

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
2012YellowBoss said:
Bill Pemberton said:
Noises kept coming out of a Cloud that orange was fastest, so now there is an orange beast in my garage.

Please .....

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d169/ssjrsw/Day.jpg[/ig]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbZhxOReiA4&feature=player_detailpage[/yutube]
[/quote]

If you are going 160 on the entry to the infield there, you are about to die

ArizonaGT said:
If you are going 160 on the entry to the infield there, you are about to die

Yea and the vid makes less sense :eek: I pulled the trigger today on a Traqmate and I am going to take your advise and the advise from some local racers and get into NASA soon, then work up to TT. I can't stop doing things I said I was not going to do.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
cloud9 said:
My orange car is slowed due to my Hawk pads ;)

Dear Mr. Weight Elimination,

We are sorry to inform you that Hawk pads are the HEAVIEST of all pads available and that your unsprung weight calculations are significantly flawed. Our professional and UNBIASED opinion is that you need to use different brake pads in all upcoming events.

Yours Truly,
Pagid Brake Tecnology, Inc.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel