The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Looking for spacer recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Geezz... I though the spacer was so the wheel/tire would not rub... or did I miss somethingo_O??? Happy with my OP Mustang spacers.

domesticpower

Track Addict
NS
FWIW, last weekend at VIR, in the rain, I was swapping wheels spacers on every car, big ones, little ones, 1 inch ones, hub centric and non hub centric..the wheel studs were for the most part, stock size but made by ARP..and longer, nothing seemed to phase these cars. I'm not sure but we may have been overthinking all these spacer issues.

That's good to know, gives me more peace of mind. I ran a set of wheels that weren't hub centric for years and never had any vibration issues but it was a reputable manufacturer so at least I felt that the wheel was well designed. With so many spacer options, it's hard to say what was well designed and tested and what wasn't. It only takes one bad spacer or bolt to ruin a day (or a car...).

domesticpower

Track Addict
NS
I prefer to run without because the grey jelly between my ears tells me so but I don't notice anything different with the 25mm spacer I run with up front.

Have you ever timed before/after? Just curious because a 25 mm spacer is a 2" increase in front track (total) which isn't negligible, all else being equal.

domesticpower

Track Addict
NS
Just got my Motorsport Tech spacers today! Missed delivery last week and picked them up on the way to work, very happy with how long (or little) it took to get here. Will snap a couple of pictures when I get home.

Geezz... I though the spacer was so the wheel/tire would not rub... or did I miss somethingo_O??? Happy with my OP Mustang spacers.

No, that was the point!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel