The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

looking for track/HPDE day upgrades for the following..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I need a new shifter and a new clutch (for my 2013 GT), i've looked at lots of different clutch packs and cant find any that say this is it, a lot seem to be rated for power with 700 - 1,000 hp this or that my car is n/a and likly will never have over 500 to the rear wheels, just looking for a nice track capable upgrade over stock on my 2013 GT, any recomendations there?

thanks,
Jason

domesticpower

Track Addict
NS
I got the Exedy Mach 600 clutch this summer and it hugely helped with the lockout issue but it's not 100% cured. I'm still running the stock shifter, though. Not sure if it's because the clutch isn't as good as the hyper single or because of the stock shifter. Hoping to get the MGW shifter next and see if it completely takes care of the problem. I heard great things about the hyper single but couldn't afford it.

domesticpower

Track Addict
NS
excellent, thanks! that will be next on the hit list after the holidays. Any prefered place/website to buy the clutch through??

You're welcome! I ordered mine from Team Beefcake Racing. They gave me a good deal on the clutch, exedy flywheel, and slave cylinder.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
CA
+1 on the MGW I don’t have experience with the others but the Mcleod RST was my choice for clutch

TMO Supporting Vendors