looking for track/HPDE day upgrades for the following..

Discussion in 'Boss 302 and S197 Technical Forum' started by Telli297, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Telli297

Telli297 TMO Beginner

I need a new shifter and a new clutch (for my 2013 GT), i've looked at lots of different clutch packs and cant find any that say this is it, a lot seem to be rated for power with 700 - 1,000 hp this or that my car is n/a and likly will never have over 500 to the rear wheels, just looking for a nice track capable upgrade over stock on my 2013 GT, any recomendations there?

thanks,
    Jason

2. 03GTinFLA

03GTinFLA TMO Intermediate

MGW shifter and exedy hyper single are popular choices here. I plan on running the exedy once my stocker gives out. I can’t wait to shift at 7k + and not get locked out.

VoodooBoss, cobrarob and Telli297 like this.
  3. docs302

docs302 TMO Race

That's the route I went and it completely cured the lockout issue. Highly recommended.

cobrarob and Telli297 like this.
  4. domesticpower

domesticpower Track Addict

I got the Exedy Mach 600 clutch this summer and it hugely helped with the lockout issue but it's not 100% cured. I'm still running the stock shifter, though. Not sure if it's because the clutch isn't as good as the hyper single or because of the stock shifter. Hoping to get the MGW shifter next and see if it completely takes care of the problem. I heard great things about the hyper single but couldn't afford it.

Telli297 likes this.
  5. Telli297

Telli297 TMO Beginner

excellent, thanks! that will be next on the hit list after the holidays. Any prefered place/website to buy the clutch through??

domesticpower likes this.
  6. domesticpower

domesticpower Track Addict

You're welcome! I ordered mine from Team Beefcake Racing. They gave me a good deal on the clutch, exedy flywheel, and slave cylinder.

7. Wolf

Wolf TMO Intermediate

+1 on the MGW I don’t have experience with the others but the Mcleod RST was my choice for clutch

Telli297 likes this.