The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Looking for track shoe tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My wife and I each have a pair of Hunziker shoes.

They do run narrow, which would work well for you. I had to order a size up to fit my wide feet.

They are comfortable enough to wear daily and they are a nice driving shoe.

Also, it looks like they are 30% off right now with the promo code 'thanks'

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I have a fairly basic Simpson SFI-rated shoe. It has a high top and a fairly stiff sole, which helps with heel-toeing. I think they are about $100.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I have two pair of track shoes, but the one I like wearing the most are a five year old pair of Sparco SL-3. They're narrow, fit like a glove and grip well. And you know how it is, everyone loves his old shoes because your feet pay the price when you break new ones in.

I just received a pair of Puma Drift Cat 5 carbon and for $30 I'm very pleased. They will be used for drives in the foothills and not for the track. The size 13 or 47 fit me well with my narrow foot. As BPRacer stated they are slightly shorter than my Nike's of the same size.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
SoCal
I ended up purchasing some Piloti's on Black Friday for $45. It was a heck of a deal because they went back up to $130. I will use them as a fun driving shoe as I believe I'm getting some Alpinestars from Santa this year :)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Just let your lovely daughter know that at the track you are known as the Ralph Lauren of Racing Attire! Yep, let her know your nickname, Duff Daddy, P Diddy has nothing on you when is comes to circuit racing duds!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel