The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Looking for Trackey Input

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Had track key tune install done right away -- $324 total @ selling dealer. Love the sound and feel of the car with red key -- it's worth it when pulling into cruise spot to see reaction to sound and shake! Throttle response and drivability great with minimal impact on mileage. I have the QTP exhaust valves and when open, I can smell exhaust a little when cold, but the SOUND is great! :D

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I have/had trackey on my car. If your worried about warranty issues etc this is the thing for you. I have had a few other tunes as well: jlp, steeda and my current tunes AED lopey idle (ran it with and without cats) both pump gas and E85.

Had I to do it over again I would have skipped the trackey, jlp and steeda and went straight to AED. But if your scared of engine warranties get the trackey program it's....neat and at least does away with skip shift and the lagging throttle response

Justin said:
I have/had trackey on my car. If your worried about warranty issues etc this is the thing for you. I have had a few other tunes as well: jlp, steeda and my current tunes AED lopey idle (ran it with and without cats) both pump gas and E85.

Had I to do it over again I would have skipped the trackey, jlp and steeda and went straight to AED. But if your scared of engine warranties get the trackey program it's....neat and at least does away with skip shift and the lagging throttle response

I wouldn't say that I'm 'scared' about warranty but I plan on keeping the car generally stock anyway (I have GT500 mufflers and QTP cutouts but that's about it). I do like the idea that the Trackey was marketed with the car and does not void the Ford warranty as I think that would make a future buyer more comfortable with it. I actually think it could make the car more desirable in the future since it's a fairly unique feature to this car.

All that said, I have no plans or desire to sell it anytime soon. But as most of us know that can, and I'm sure if car manufacturers have anything to say about it, will change with time. ::)

with it being offered on the new ones, I think the uniqueness just went out the window. If you really want to enjoy everything it has to offer, custom dyno tune by a reputable shop

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Boss 738 said:
with it being offered on the new ones, I think the uniqueness just went out the window. If you really want to enjoy everything it has to offer, custom dyno tune by a reputable shop

If you put Boss stripes on a regular mustang, it does not cheapen the value of the real Boss. I would look at TracKey the same way.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Boss 738 said:
getting a tune from AED is virtually the same. It's called remote tuning. Cars have wide band. He is one of the best turners out there for 2011+'s mustangs. I pay for three pulls at a local dyno (5th gear pulls on the street are ill advised) data log send him the files he makes the changes. Doesn't get much easier

yes, the keys learn you driving habits, and if you find after driving around in traffic on the red key it doesn't seem a "Peppy" as it used to be, simply do a PCM Reset and it will return back to factory... I do this about every 4-6 months roughly or as needed...

rpm3dinc said:
yes, the keys learn you driving habits, and if you find after driving around in traffic on the red key it doesn't seem a "Peppy" as it used to be, simply do a PCM Reset and it will return back to factory... I do this about every 4-6 months roughly or as needed...

How?

As I understand it, and please correct me if I am wrong guys...

There are 2 ways to accomplish this:

1. Disconnect battery for 5 min. Then reconnect, and let idle on black key for 5 min (Don't touch throttle).
Then drive on black key for 5-10 miles. Settings are now reset.

Or there is the CAM RESET:
Disconnect battery touch disconnected leads together or disconnect leads and let sit for 20 mins with headlight switch on and a few taps of the brake pedal.

Then connect battery. Start car do not touch gas pedal
Let idle for ten to fifteen mins

Turn on ac high for one min then turn off.

Go drive car normally for 10-12 miles.

Kam clear and idle rest complete.

TMO Supporting Vendors