The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Looking for wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm looking for the wheels that came on 2007 Saleen Parnelli Jones Edition Mustangs. They are the 7 spoke Mini Lite style wheels. I would be interested in trading my stock Boss wheels or just buying a set or a single rim if anyone has any.

Thanks, Gary

Grant, if your interested in letting them go I'm interested. If your interested in trading for the stock Boss wheels or you want to sell them let me know. They are putting them on the 2014 Special Edition Saleen Mustangs too, so maybe Saleen will sell some. I have one front and one rear now!

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Evidently, they will be on the George Follmer edition also.

heritage_collection_saleen-follmer-edition-rear3q.jpg

This is my first choice of wheels followed by the Shelby Magnum 500 lookalikes.

cs69-205445-b.jpg

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Me too and every time I hear someone refer to the stock rims as "Wagon Wheels", it bugs me even more and makes me want to ditch the stockers. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait.....

John

unit5alive said:
I always thought it would be cool to powder coat a set of the factory wheels in a silver to look like the wheels on the Boss 302 race cars !

I had considered this very thing as well.
Anyone handy with Photoshop? Would be awesome if someone could post a sample for us uncreative types:D

Beautiful wheels no doubt. The stock wagon wheels just leave too much to be desired in my honest opinion. Did I just say wagon wheels out loud?

I believe another member here is looking for the same wheels. Good luck. As a former Saleen owner and enthusiast, 'ol Steve-O is notorious for not paying vendors and leaving them in the lurch. They are out there though, but will be a tough find.

Try these two websites. Both Saleen specific, both have great forums, great classified sections, and who knows, someone may be hoarding a set or three.

www.saleenclubofamerica.com

www.SOEC.org (Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club)

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Modman said:
Grant, if your interested in letting them go I'm interested. If your interested in trading for the stock Boss wheels or you want to sell them let me know. They are putting them on the 2014 Special Edition Saleen Mustangs too, so maybe Saleen will sell some. I have one front and one rear now!

I think you're misunderstanding me! I *wish* I had a set too! I've been looking for two years...

jneary said:
Evidently, they will be on the George Follmer edition also.

That is GREAT news...I just might be able to get a set soon.

Sorry about that GRANT, I called Saleen directly but got no answers if they would be available. They were less than helpful! I'm gonna try calling them again next month maybe I will have better luck!

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Yep, those are my favorite wheels as well. I was lucky enough to purchase a rear set of wheels direct from Saleen SpeedLab. Those are 19X10's. Now I have to fine a front set, and these are staggered 19X9's. I wanted to see what they would look like on my Boss, so when I was rotating tires and servicing the Boss before storage, I took this picture with the 19X10's front and rear.

DSC_0980_zps7f558c83.jpg

Another pic

DSC_0984_zpse7344976.jpg

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I all most forgot to mention, if you know of, or have a front set or just a front wheel, I'll be happy to buy it. Let me know and thanks so much. 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro, I have 1 of each. I came across a guy with an '07 Saleen the other day but he already sold his. I saw another guy locally with the wheels on his Saleen but I didn't get to ask if he would sell them!

The SALEEN wheels (Heritage seven spokes) are currently available from Saleen (again?) at USD 499.-/ea.
They are the wheels found on their "Georges FOLLMER" tribute edition.
01-saleen-george-follmer-mustang.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors