The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Looks like a dead Rack.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was on my way to Button willow Raceway to play on Saturday. Got about 45 min from home, driving along, Ka-Pow ! My Epas rack went out. I flipped around, drove home. Let me tell ya, it was a biznitch going around a corner. Got it home check the power block by the battery, that was good. Jacked the car up and checked the connections at the rack, they looked good, got my meter out look at all that. I start turning the rack left and right, it's making a awful scrapping noise as you turn it. RACKS DEAD!
Lesson here, never drive through large puddles of water in California with an electric rack. Now it looks like I'm going to have to order the Boss 302R rack. Damn it all to Hell!

Bummer. I would never have thought of driving through deep water would do that. OTOH it's pretty rare to have to drive through deep water here in CA. Good luck with the repair.

Thanks for moving it Rick. Yeah I know, really was the last thing I though would go. I though it would have been the alternator to go first. New rack on it's way.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel