The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Looks like a shopping cart got me. Im pissed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
Just saw a few days ago, someone hit my door,(passenger side)with what looks like a shopping cart at the crease just in front of the handle about 4 inches long. Was I ever pissed. Yes, like most all of us, I park as far away as possible from other vehicles.Had one estimate and it was $912. He said he would have to replace the lower stripe on the door also, and the cost for just that one lower stripe was $302! $302 for just the lower stripe??Geezz. I'm going to look around at a few more shops and see what I come up with.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Good luck with the fix!

Cjmclean31 said:
Posts like this are when I feel the $240 a month for my DD are well worth it..

Amen. Boss only parks in my garage and at the track...gas station if you count that. I still park my GT in BFE when it goes for groceries.

Ihad the same thing happen to me last summer.I had a place that does paintless dent repair,he couldn't fix it.So I took it to a body shop,changed both upper and lower stripes.Done a nice job with the repair,cost me 600 dollars.I would look around for a better price on the stripes,I got both stripes for the door and the one in front of the rear tire for less than the price they quoted you for one stripe.And yes I was pissed.

Man...that sucks! I guess it doesn't matter how careful you are. If I do take my Boss anywhere there is a parking lot,I always park it as far away from any other cars or potential pedestrian activity as I can. Plus, if we are at a restaurant I will make sure I sit in a booth or seat where I have a constant visual of the car. Last summer, a group of skateboarders in a parking lot got a little too close for comfort.. I excused myself from dinner and ran out to the car and told them to beat feet. My wife thinks I'm crazy.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
cbj5259 said:
Man...that sucks! I guess it doesn't matter how careful you are. If I do take my Boss anywhere there is a parking lot,I always park it as far away from any other cars or potential pedestrian activity as I can. Plus, if we are at a restaurant I will make sure I sit in a booth or seat where I have a constant visual of the car. Last summer, a group of skateboarders in a parking lot got a little too close for comfort.. I excused myself from dinner and ran out to the car and told them to beat feet. My wife thinks I'm crazy.

I would do the same. And take the 24" cheater bar out of the toolbox if I had to...

When I went to the hotel for Laguna Seca, I had to find a nice wide spot that I could see from our window...

cbj5259 said:

cbj5259: The sentence I put in bold is primarily what "we" brother's do whenever out in public! My wife has learned now that I must always sit facing a door and never my back to an entrance/exit. So to do this with the Boss is normal habits!!! LOL

yknot

Hobbies: Hot Rods & Shooting
While your looking for a " Cheaper' place, remember it's you that has to live with the repair. Speaking of graphics, Ford has to make money somewhere....The graphics package for a Cobra jet is roughly $780.00. But, they use the best grade matterials, and the Ford name and Cobra jet are both trade marked, so it's illegal to sell there name. If you got carted, I would imagine the stripe got torn and the paint damaged where the paintless repair would not work??
Sorry to hear of your loss, but don't compound the problem with a cheap repair.

SUPRMN said:
cbj5259: The sentence I put in bold is primarily what "we" brother's do whenever out in public! My wife has learned now that I must always sit facing a door and never my back to an entrance/exit. So to do this with the Boss is normal habits!!! LOL

Funny thing is I have actually passed tables over until I could be in the best position to observe both the entrance and the Boss. My wife stopped questioning me years ago...lol.

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
yknot said:
While your looking for a " Cheaper' place, remember it's you that has to live with the repair. Speaking of graphics, Ford has to make money somewhere....The graphics package for a Cobra jet is roughly $780.00. But, they use the best grade matterials, and the Ford name and Cobra jet are both trade marked, so it's illegal to sell there name. If you got carted, I would imagine the stripe got torn and the paint damaged where the paintless repair would not work??
Sorry to hear of your loss, but don't compound the problem with a cheap repair.
Believe me I'm not going with the cheaper price,I just want to get a few more quotes and see if they all say the same thing about replacing the stripe. The guy I went to is on the Ford dealer property where I bought my Boss, and the two guys I know there and do trust,say they do excellent work and the price is fair. I'm going to wait a while and let the weather warm up a bit too.My wife thinks I'm nuts when I park, because it always so far away from everyone else. In this case....some ass still got me. I'm going to ask about a paintless repair also. Thanks for all your input.

My stripes are directly from ford,I don't know why they all came as a set.I only needed top and bottom of the door,but the one infront of the rear tire came in the package with them.The front fender stripes were more exspensive.

I feel you man someone ran into mine in a parking garage and left a scrap on the back bumper got a quote for 702!!! The back bumper spripe alone is 120 for that little stripe!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors