Welcome to Track Mustangs Online

Join the BEST track enthusiast Mustang community on the web!

Register Log in

Looks Like Harley Davidson Is Changing Direction

VoodooBoss

Rick
Reaction score

Champale

TMO Addict
Reaction score
I am still mad at Harley for killing Buell motorcycles 10 years ago. Erik Buell is an absolute genius. I owned a couple of his last bikes (XB9SX and 1125CR) and they were absolutely incredible, handling like nothing else you could imagine. Was always fun harassing 150+hp literbikes on my favorite backroads.

VoodooBoss

Rick
Reaction score
The Buell’s were awesome bikes. I could never figure out what happened there but it was a big loss. The LiveWire looks legit and I hope it’s successful for them.

I’ve been following American Flat Track, AFT, the past few years and Indian has owned Harley there. HD needs to get back to beating Indian.

racer47

All I got left is fast
Reaction score
The Buell thing is simple. He had a good thing going, own company, own race team both successful. He sold out to Harley for big money. 2008 recession hits, Buell company disappears. It was not profitable enough. If Erik would have kept his company, it would not have happened. But he got the big check and lost control. Its all just corp execs playing monopoly. They don't care if they make bikes or washing machines as long as they can siphon enough money off of it for themselves.

302BOB

TMO Addict
Reaction score
Here's my take on Harley Davidson...I believe they believed their fan base would carry them into the future.But as their fan base got older and the young ones liked those Jap bikes that were much faster and fun to ride...Things started going downhill from there.....I liked HD's all my life, but never owned one because I believed something bad might happen.............

Last edited:

JAJ

TMO Addict
Reaction score
They can't do what Chevrolet did with the Corvette - another product with a demographic challenge - because the HD already is a mid-engine design. They're going to have to assess who their real competition is and figure out how to outperform it. There's no reason they can't do it, so long as they don't wait too long to get going.

TMO Supporting Vendors