The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Looks like it's Corvette day at MPH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got your message, good luck Z06 hunting. ;) I'm going GT500 hunting tomorrow. :eek:

Got to run around several Vettes including C5 and C6 Z06s. There were a couple that were heavily modified including a C5 running spray! He said he made 585 at the tire with the NOS.

Anyway I did manage to shave another .084 off my best recorded lap time. The day ended a little early unfortunately. After my 5th session I noticed my left front DBA 5000 finally gave up the ghost and cracked to the inside by the rotor hat. I went to swap on my spares and noticed the front right tire was just starting to cord. No problem, grab the Hoosiers. While swapping on the new tires I noticed the left rear DBA 4000 had a crack to the outside! OK, I'm getting sweaty and a little ticked now, but fine swap those. Got everything tightened down and was down to torquing the last lug on the last wheel (front left) and spun a wheel stud!!! :eek: Well fortunately it happened in the paddock and not in Turn 3. Funny thing was I talked to my buddy about ordering some ARP wheels studs before I left and said I'll just order them when I get back. Well now I have to! I've had my wheels on and off soooo many times, I should have done it sooner, but any of you tracking the Boss frequently may want to do the same.

Bummer. At least you didn't have any issues out on the track. Do many guys run NOS on road courses? And in a Vette?

There was a GT500 in my run group with Griggs Racing across the top of the windshield. I almost ran him down but ran out of time. There was a new Z06 in my group and I could not keep up with him. :( It was very cool to see a bunch of vintage Mustangs at the track and many of them were very fast.

To be honest that's the first car I've ever encountered running nitrous on a road course and the first Vette I recall running it anywhere.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
Got to run around several Vettes including C5 and C6 Z06s. There were a couple that were heavily modified including a C5 running spray! He said he made 585 at the tire with the NOS.

Anyway I did manage to shave another .084 off my best recorded lap time. The day ended a little early unfortunately. After my 5th session I noticed my left front DBA 5000 finally gave up the ghost and cracked to the inside by the rotor hat. I went to swap on my spares and noticed the front right tire was just starting to cord. No problem, grab the Hoosiers. While swapping on the new tires I noticed the left rear DBA 4000 had a crack to the outside! OK, I'm getting sweaty and a little ticked now, but fine swap those. Got everything tightened down and was down to torquing the last lug on the last wheel (front left) and spun a wheel stud!!! :eek: Well fortunately it happened in the paddock and not in Turn 3. Funny thing was I talked to my buddy about ordering some ARP wheels studs before I left and said I'll just order them when I get back. Well now I have to! I've had my wheels on and off soooo many times, I should have done it sooner, but any of you tracking the Boss frequently may want to do the same.

I would not say that I am a superstitious person, but when stuff like that happens, it might be some sort of sign :)

Good thing you guys have that discounted pricing info on the DBAs now. Still too rich for my blood.

When do you post up YOUR 'Vette Beatdown video? :)

Yea for sure, he got my attention after 3 failures that it was time to stop for the day ;D

Sorry no vids, but here are some pics of the "victims". Just not a track video kind of guy ;D I think P0Corsa said something about some videos he got of me at the Roundup over at TMS but I haven't seen them yet. You'll just have to use your imagination ;)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And here was the last straw :D

drano38

Wayne
Gary,
You need to stop eating Wheaties for breakfast!
I torqued the lugs on my GT to 100 ft/lb once and decided I wouldn't do that again. Felt like I was turning the lug w/out it getting tighter. Having grown up on a farm, I've twisted off a few bolts in my day. Turning but not getting tighter has never been a good sign.
I use 90 on the Boss, and no issues yet (OK, just 3 track days).
Amazing how nice Friday was, then rain all day Saturday.
Nice trailers--I guess I'll just have to be envious.

TMO Supporting Vendors