The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lopey Idle - Just got the Track Key and have a quick question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I don't know why some people are bashing the track key saying it's a gimmick. I don't think so at all. Anyway, one of the coolest features to me is the lopey idle. I didn't know I was going to be shaking in my seat and could feel that much rumble at idle. It's the coolest thing ever. Can anyone explain to me how this happens? Is it a compression change?

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Someone can probably give a much more detailed explanation than this, but it changes the timing on the exhaust valves so that it approximates the effect of a big cam that is tuned for the higher end. I do not believe it changes any compression at all.

all its doing is changing the tivvt timing events, which can swing as much as 50 degrees.
epa will nopt allow ford to alter much more that what you see.
there are a few things i like about the tk. like engine braking.
but i would not return to my tk after having my custom tune installed
. i like it that much better

steve

gremlinsteve said:
all its doing is changing the tivvt timing events, which can swing as much as 50 degrees.
epa will nopt allow ford to alter much more that what you see.
there are a few things i like about the tk. like engine braking.
but i would not return to my tk after having my custom tune installed
. i like it that much better

Thanks Guys! Steve question for you: What kind of custom tune do you have? Could you provide me the name and what the differences were compared to the TK from Ford you have experienced. Also, is the tune you have coded to the track key? I doubt this is true....I'm assuming the tune you have is always on regardless and you can't switch to "normal mode" with the regular key like I can at this time. Thanks in advanced.

steve

Good point on yhat engine braking
I do the same

One feature of a aftermarkst tune is also modifying the factory torque
Management settings or deleting them all together

Im running a tune by jon lund at this time but i plan on jusing aef shaun for my future tunes
He can and will explain alot of what he does
Im going to a e85 tune soon as i find the injector i need

Steve

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
not to bash the trackey I think its cool and all but for the price it cost me to buy I could have just bought a handheld tuner and aftermarket tune and actually gained some hp. but if you are worried about warranty work like so many seem to be then stick with the trackey. the lopey idle can be had with an after market tune. I have had the trackey on my boss and other tunes and the AED tune is by far the best tune by leaps and bounds.

here is AED lopey idle tune (its still in idle relearn in the video)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7wtcoQSzLE[/youtube]

SVO WOODY

Cruising Southern Ontario
Canada
Justin said:
not to bash the trackey I think its cool and all but for the price it cost me to buy I could have just bought a handheld tuner and aftermarket tune and actually gained some hp. but if you are worried about warranty work like so many seem to be then stick with the trackey. the lopey idle can be had with an after market tune. I have had the trackey on my boss and other tunes and the AED tune is by far the best tune by leaps and bounds.

here is AED lopey idle tune (its still in idle relearn in the video)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7wtcoQSzLE[/youtube]

Justin, was here a HP gain on this tune? Any CAI on there? I have a JLT CF CAI here but was going to skip it and just TK

Here is one of Lund's Ghost Cam tunes. Ken and John are the best in the business that is for sure.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPaI-dknKZg[/youtube]

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel