The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lost and Found Owners Kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Lost and Found Boss Owners Kits

I'm just glad to see that ford finally is selling all the parts to complete the owners kit for these poor Boss owners that have a car and no kit. Hopefully it will kick the crap out of the price that these SAPS are asking for the OEM kit. To separate the kit from the car JUST for resale value is pure greed. I sooner see someone asking $40,000 for the car and $40,250 with the kit if they feel the need. But to remove the kit and give the new owner no option is BS. Even if your trading the car in. Leave a note in the car or let the dealer know that it's OK for the new owner to contact you. there are many ways to handle this.

Well said. I bought my Boss used, but was lucky to get the owners kit, cover, matts and even the window sticker. The guy I got my Boss from thought about the next owner, not greedy, actually he has lots of money and just wanted the car to go to someone who appreciated the car.

Luckily Fordparts is behind schedule and they did not process my certificate order yet, so I cancelled that and bought the whole kit for a few dollars more. Now I have a key chain.... :)

I saw that they weren't selling the key chain alone. I would like to buy an extra or two if just the key chain, to save the etching on my original. Anyone have any pull with that vendor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owner's Kit for 2012 #534 - Comp. Orange is for sale on EBAY.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-BOSS-302-MUSTANG-FORD-FACTORY-OWNERS-KIT-BOOK-DVD-POSTER-BROCHURES-ETC-/111578112110?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19fa92e06e&vxp=mtr

Hopefully the price of the ebay kits come down now that Ford is offering a close to 100% original kit for $120. I would like to have the original kit for my car but the new one will do just fine for a fraction of the cost.

cobrakidz said:
Hopefully the price of the ebay kits come down now that Ford is offering a close to 100% original kit for $120. I would like to have the original kit for my car but the new one will do just fine for a fraction of the cost.

Agree that Ford's newly offered kit gets you most of the pieces, but it's still missing some key parts.....namely the box to store all the stuff. Like an old toy, it is more valuable with the original box because that's what gets beat up ad or tossed in the trash.

Everybody should message this guy "shitbag"
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291378792946
;)

Cobra700 said:
Everybody should message this guy "shitbag"
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291378792946
;)
Or maybe message him thanking him for not throwing it away and making it available for other owners. You have no idea what the story behind this is so don't jump to conclusions. Like I've said before if I traded in my Boss I would NOT give them the owners kit.

Not going to take a side on the admonishment of the seller, but there is some history on this transaction. He just sold his GHIG Boss, and I suspect he didn't do as well as he'd hoped: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-Coupe-2-Door-5-0L-Absolutely-Mint-Last-Chance-Option-/291374372337?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=%252BjD4xqjIJTVplvFzpUDjuk1uxmA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

His auction started north of $40k and toward the end of the time period dropped his price $1k per day. Given that he closed the auction early he likely sold it for less than the $37.9 ask that drew no bids.............for a very low mileage car. In his ad he offered the owners kit if the buyer paid his ask, so another indication that he settled for less (much less?) when he closed the auction early. Now, he's trying to get a little face saving money I'd guess..............guess.

Not saying that ebay is the the best place to market a car like this, despite it being probably the largest "classified" ad forum in the world. The lack of response to his pricing may be a message to those trying to sell.............at least at this time in history, perhaps in this color, or for this kind of car. Insufficient data to draw a totally accurate conclusion, but it is a datum point.

Ok ok......you guys are right. Just saw he said sold car and kept kit. Guess I have a chip on my shoulder since I haven't found mine....
Lord, I apologize to you and all the little pygmies of New Guinea.

His actions during the auction indicated he was under the gun to sell from my view, self imposed or outside, no idea. In the listing he mentioned he had an offer, probably some form of dealer looking to purchase at "wholesale". It might be he ended up feeling the pinch and took that offer and felt that the dealer really didn't care if he got the kit. Personally if I were selling to a private party I'd pass the kit along if I had it, to a dealer who wouldn't give any extra for it, but would probably play it up for extra profit.............might do the same as the seller. It sucks for the next real owner though.

Makes me wonder. Out of the 2012 & 2013 Boss's built. How many Cars and Kits have been seperated from one another.
I do have to agree that if I sold my Boss to a dealer, I would not hand over the kit. Who knows maybe 30 years from now this may be the big factor in how your Boss is valued. Just a thought..

superhero said:
Makes me wonder. Out of the 2012 & 2013 Boss's built. How many Cars and Kits have been seperated from one another.
I do have to agree that if I sold my Boss to a dealer, I would not hand over the kit. Who knows maybe 30 years from now this may be the big factor in how your Boss is valued. Just a thought..

If I ever had to sell/trade in to a dealer I would hide a note in the silver key fob with my email so they could pick up the kit :). You could even hide a cheap micro SD card in there with pictures of the car, PDF reciepts, service records, etc.. so it has a history the next owner might appreciate.

WinterSucks said:
If I ever had to sell/trade in to a dealer I would hide a note in the silver key fob with my email so they could pick up the kit :). You could even hide a cheap micro SD card in there with pictures of the car, PDF reciepts, service records, etc.. so it has a history the next owner might appreciate.

That's a cool idea but who would check in the key??......checking mine now. ;D

Cobra700 said:
That's a cool idea but who would check in the key??......checking mine now. ;D

It might take a year but you have to replace that battery at some point! There might be other places to hide things that dealers won't find and remove, too. I would have to think about that.

KRIKEY!!!!!! Man I feel bad if owner of '12 1544 is looking for his kit!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=281603360701

TMO Supporting Vendors