The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lost and Found Owners Kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Lost and Found Boss Owners Kits

WinterSucks said:
Today's word of the day is "asinine".
And he's charging $30 shipping! If he's a BMO member I'll ban him. ;)

I finally got ahold of the original owner of my GHIG Boss, he told me he had the owners kit, The Laguna Seca rear seat delete kit, and tinted windows when he traded it in. I got NONE of these. The thieves at one of the dealers Pilfered it all. If anyone know where the owners kit for #884 is Let me know.

I HOPE THE OWNER OF 2735 ENJOYS HIS $275.00.
It almost seems like the owners kit are more rare than the car itself. I can see in the next 20+ years at Meccum or Barret you willl see owners kit being sold and bringing in the high price....LOL

Kit for 2013 #2879 on eBay:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291551633343&globalID=EBAY-US

Hoping one day mine will turn up...

For future kits Ford should put a chip in them like you get for your dog - that way if it is "lost" the next owner can locate it.... :)

2013 #1832 PW Kit on Ebay I asked seller for the number

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

DOM529

302 in 416

:(

As one who's owned Mustangs in the past and present, I've gone out of my way to source as much documentation from Kevin Marti and swap meets that belong with the cars I've owned to complete the overall package deal for my car. (All put in a binder)

Once I've sold them, it made absolutely no sense to keep any other it as it ALL belongs with the car. I've made colour copies for my keepsakes which turned out really good.

True car enthusiasts of these "special/limited" number models would not deny the next proud owner of it the Kit, especially specific to the car. It's just wrong at all levels.

If your BOSS would end up at as a dealer trade in or going to a reseller's lot.... keep the kit and send at post to the Admin on this post that you have it in your possession so that one day, the new proud owner can come and claim it.

Just my thoughts and I'm sure it resonates with other enthusiasts.

(BTW, the option to now purchase from Ford a reproduction kit is a great idea for those who have the need.)
Good on Ford !!

DOM529 said:
:(

As one who's owned Mustangs in the past and present, I've gone out of my way to source as much documentation from Kevin Marti and swap meets that belong with the cars I've owned to complete the overall package deal for my car. (All put in a binder)

Once I've sold them, it made absolutely no sense to keep any other it as it ALL belongs with the car. I've made colour copies for my keepsakes which turned out really good.

True car enthusiasts of these "special/limited" number models would not deny the next proud owner of it the Kit, especially specific to the car. It's just wrong at all levels.

If your BOSS would end up at as a dealer trade in or going to a reseller's lot.... keep the kit and send at post to the Admin on this post that you have it in your possession so that one day, the new proud owner can come and claim it.

Just my thoughts and I'm sure it resonates with other enthusiasts.

(BTW, the option to now purchase from Ford a reproduction kit is a great idea for those who have the need.)
Good on Ford !!

I might have posted this in this thread before, but if I ever was unfortunate enough to have to trade in the Boss I would hide a little note in the key fob with my name and email. And/or find another location to hide a note where the next owner might find my info. From what I have seen on eBay, I would even hesitate to turn in the red key and car cover!

Did some back tracking and managed to get original owners name and number from dealership. Sent a message about owners kit. Waiting for reply. May be a long shot but never know. If not I guess I will order a replacement from Ford. better than none at all.

UpDate: Think this has paid off. Sent a text to the number I was given and got a reply this morning. Still has owners kit and will be getting back with me sometime next week.

Looking for boss owners kit for a 2013 sby LS 153 . I purchased this car wrecked it came out of N.Y. its now in MA. all repaired it had under six hundred miles when purchased it now has 4000 . the report I read said the oil pan had a hole in it not true it had a dent . It looked like it spun around and around and took out all the panels . would like to hear from anyone that would have info about this car . Please email me at [email protected] thanks ED

lslt said:
Looking for boss owners kit for a 2013 sby LS 153 . I purchased this car wrecked it came out of N.Y. its now in MA. all repaired it had under six hundred miles when purchased it now has 4000 . the report I read said the oil pan had a hole in it not true it had a dent . It looked like it spun around and around and took out all the panels . would like to hear from anyone that would have info about this car . Please email me at [email protected] thanks ED
That must be this one:
#LSxxx VIN 1ZVBP8CU2D5223843 - School Bus Yellow - 586mi. - RF sheetmetal and corner module damaged, oil pan punctured and front underbody scraped/damaged, no airbags deployed - Brookhaven, NY - listed July 2013

Glad you brought her back to life.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel