The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lost and Found Owners Kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Lost and Found Boss Owners Kits

Howdy Folk
I just thought I would "Pop" back in for the heck of it.
I am still looking for a 2012 BOSS 302 RR #2313 Owners Kit.
I will pay top dollar for it along with a finders fee

I guess this is worth a try. Looking for:

2012 Orange/White #1286

Believe that original owner was on Long Island, NY

Still looking for mine as well. I just don't get it, why would you keep an item that clearly belongs with the car. The book and video you can buy on line, so I guess you could keep that and also the gloves and poster...worthless items that can be found easily. The important and unique items that BELONG and should go with the car are the key chain and Ford Letter.
Yes I understand you want to make a future profit, but unless the owner of that car is the buyer,my our not going to make a profit.

I have bid on some kits that came up for sale, and most have sold around $200. Well, the book is a $40 value and the videos are another $25, add say $15 for the poster and $50 for the gloves, what's that a $70 profit? Idiots...ok, my rant is over

I have thought about this quite a bit and have come to the conclusion that as "most" of the origional owners that sold the car were just not as passionate about the vehicles as we are. Hence they could care less about the unique paperwork that went with it.....
I do though AND AM willing to pay for owning the kit.

raptor said:
Still looking for mine as well. I just don't get it, why would you keep an item that clearly belongs with the car. The book and video you can buy on line, so I guess you could keep that and also the gloves and poster...worthless items that can be found easily. The important and unique items that BELONG and should go with the car are the key chain and Ford Letter.
Yes I understand you want to make a future profit, but unless the owner of that car is the buyer,my our not going to make a profit.

I have bid on some kits that came up for sale, and most have sold around $200. Well, the book is a $40 value and the videos are another $25, add say $15 for the poster and $50 for the gloves, what's that a $70 profit? Idiots...ok, my rant is over

I agree and think how selfish that someone would take that away from a Boss 302 owner. The gloves that come with the kit are just a cardboard cutout so no real value there. As you mentioned the real value is the key chain and the Ford letter. The following post from yours must be the only logical explanation, other than trying to make a couple of dollars or wanting to keep it for the memory of owning one (selfish).

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

raptor said:

The gloves do not come with the owner's kit. Those are given to you when you attend BTA. What the kit give's you is a voucher for the gloves to be redeemed at MMSP.

Keep in mind that many of these cars have been traded in. There's no guarantee that if the kit was with the car when traded in that it will make it to the new owner. Most likely someone along the line would take the kit and either keep it or sell it on ebay. ;) Personally I would not give the kit as part of the car if I was trading mine in and that goes for the car cover as well. I would only give it to the new buyer in a private party transaction. Instead I'd give instructions with the dealer and include a note in the glove box of how the owner could contact me for the kit. And then there's no guaranteed the next owner won't keep it when they sell the car. So while I'm sure people on this forum would like and appreciate the owner's kit there's lots of gray area here and I wouldn't assume all previous owners that don't include the kit with the car are DB's.

Your right, I didn't think about that. I know I purchased mine from a dealer and only one key, like most trade ins. Maybe whom ever prepped the car, just put it in the trash

raptor said:
Your right, I didn't think about that. I know I purchased mine from a dealer and only one key, like most trade ins. Maybe whom ever prepped the car, just put it in the trash
I certainly hope not. The point of this thread is to match up kits with owners and I hope we can accomplish that at least a few times.

I am the owner of the 2013 SBY LS 711. It also came with no owners kit. Car was from Phoenix, AZ area. Would be great for me and car to be reunited with the owners kit too.

Hello all, just picked up a 2012 Race red/black #1863. Trying to get some help maybe finding the previous owner. I bought it at a dealer and was striped. No floor mats, no Boss manual and most importantly no silver key! Just went to Ford to try and get the silver key but it is about $500! $200 for key and $287 to program....... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

NFSBOSS said:
Keep in mind that many of these cars have been traded in. There's no guarantee that if the kit was with the car when traded in that it will make it to the new owner. Most likely someone along the line would take the kit and either keep it or sell it on ebay. ;) Personally I would not give the kit as part of the car if I was trading mine in and that goes for the car cover as well. I would only give it to the new buyer in a private party transaction. Instead I'd give instructions with the dealer and include a note in the glove box of how the owner could contact me for the kit. And then there's no guaranteed the next owner won't keep it when they sell the car. So while I'm sure people on this forum would like and appreciate the owner's kit there's lots of gray area here and I wouldn't assume all previous owners that don't include the kit with the car are DB's.

Exactly NFSBOSS!!

This is why I kept the kit for 3248, I traded it and gave the instructions to everyone I had contact with while dealing.

I look on here regularly but so far no one has claimed ownership.

I would not trust the dealer for anything, past experience has cured me of that and that is why I kept the kit. I want to make sure the right person gets it.

They told me they were selling it to a Ford Dealer and I asked them to let me know who, that never happened.

So, if anyone knows who has or where 3248 is please get them in touch with me.

Thanks,
Marty

DEye

You can't get there from here...

ms71171 said:
Just FYI I called FRPP and asked if they could re-send my kit and they looked up my VIN and said no that the it's a "one print" only type of thing and that my kit was shipped to the original owner of my car. I'm now going to dig them up on the interwebs as I have their name on the title.

My car was imported by a Canadian dealer for a customers and I don't know if they ever got the kit is there a way to check ?
Who did you phone FRPP ( Ford ????? ???? Parts ?)

Thanks

Check the state's Department of Motor Vehicle's website in the suspected original purchase state if you know it. In Florida you can request in writing a list of previous owners for $3.00. It's worth a try, then if you get the name, you may have some luck googling their contact info.

I wish there was something similar available from Ford. Or even a way to get a copy of the Certificate or Letter for a fee. I have my owner's kit, but I'm trying to contact the original owner or mine so I can become his brother-in-law. :p

Chris

Thanks for the good ideas posted here....I was able to find the original dealership for the LS 711 and called there today. I spoke with the sales person who sold the car to the original owner. I emailed the sales person who will now forward my email to the original owner....here's hoping that the owner still has the owners package and wants to sell it.

That's great news, good luck on your quest. I emailed my dealer, but never got a response. Might try the Texas DMV route

I hope all you guys find the owner kits for your Bosses. It is a shame that people would keep and sell them. I myself like to keep all info on my vehicle in the vehicle. Especially when you do car shows. People love to see the window stickers and various info on these cars. It shows that you are a serious car nut.

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

mexicanstrat said:
I hope all you guys find the owner kits for your Bosses. It is a shame that people would keep and sell them. I myself like to keep all info on my vehicle in the vehicle. Especially when you do car shows. People love to see the window stickers and various info on these cars. It shows that you are a serious car nut.

It's no surprise people keep them. You can give it away with the car which adds little value or sell it separately and get a few bucks. Think about the poor guy who couldn't make his payments and had to turn the car in. They're going to try and get every buck back they can. Not saying it's right but it is the way of the world.

TymeSlayer said:
It's no surprise people keep them. You can give it away with the car which adds little value or sell it separately and get a few bucks. Think about the poor guy who couldn't make his payments and had to turn the car in. They're going to try and get every buck back they can. Not saying it's right but it is the way of the world.

I understand what you are saying Slayer but to me it is still wrong. When I traded my 05 for the Boss I gave the dealership everything that came with vehicle for the next owner. I have pics of the car for a reminder. Everything I did to the car stayed with the car. Wheels and all.

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

mexicanstrat said:
I understand what you are saying Slayer but to me it is still wrong. When I traded my 05 for the Boss I gave the dealership everything that came with vehicle for the next owner. I have pics of the car for a reminder. Everything I did to the car stayed with the car. Wheels and all.

I'm with you Mexicanstrat. I would give everything I have with he car too. It's just that not everyone thinks the way we do.

TMO Supporting Vendors