The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lost and Found Owners Kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Lost and Found Boss Owners Kits

mexicanstrat said:
I understand what you are saying Slayer but to me it is still wrong. When I traded my 05 for the Boss I gave the dealership everything that came with vehicle for the next owner. I have pics of the car for a reminder. Everything I did to the car stayed with the car. Wheels and all.
So what did you include? The keys and owners manual? If so that's not the same. Would you also include the "Piston Cup" trophy from Boss Track Attack? No way I'm including the Boss 302 owners kit or trophy if I trade my car in. The only way I'm giving up my Boss 302 owners kit is if I personally hand it to the new owner. And once again there's no guarantee the second owner would pass it along to the third owner and so on.

NFSBOSS said:
So what did you include? The keys and owners manual? If so that's not the same. Would you also include the "Piston Cup" trophy from Boss Track Attack? No way I'm including the Boss 302 owners kit or trophy if I trade my car in. The only way I'm giving up my Boss 302 owners kit is if I personally hand it to the new owner. And once again there's no guarantee the second owner would pass it along to the third owner and so on.

Just speaking for myself I would give up the kit but that is me and I would also make sure the next owner received it. As far as the trophy I would not give that up. Unfortunately I do not have the owner's kit for my Boss since it is a preproduction. All the things that I had done to the 05 Mustang I traded stayed with the vehicle and told the owner if he wants all the OEM parts he could have them. (my Boss is going nowhere soon)

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

NFSBOSS said:

While the Owners kit is car specific, the Piston Trophy is individualized and thus wouldn't add any value to the car or the next owner's enjoyment.

Now, if the car is stolen, I will put the owners kit on craigslist and when the guy calls saying he has the car for the kit, I will deliver the owners kit with my HN Five-seveN in tow.

Just ran into this one on eBay: http://bit.ly/1iw7p3o
Looks like it's for a 2012 Kona blue #2100.

Still looking for mine. For a 2012 Race red #1863.

hotrodnut said:
Exactly NFSBOSS!!

This is why I kept the kit for 3248, I traded it and gave the instructions to everyone I had contact with while dealing.

I look on here regularly but so far no one has claimed ownership.

I would not trust the dealer for anything, past experience has cured me of that and that is why I kept the kit. I want to make sure the right person gets it.

They told me they were selling it to a Ford Dealer and I asked them to let me know who, that never happened.

So, if anyone knows who has or where 3248 is please get them in touch with me.

Thanks,
Marty

Ihave found my old Boss, http://www.opelikachryslerjeepdodgeram.com/used-inventory/vehicle-details.htm?vehicleId=1b6cd0310a0a006501173950e55e0708

I called them and explained to them that I had the owners kit for that car. They were very short with me since I wasn't interested in "buying" a car. Then they wanted me to send it to them. Yeah, right!

I saw in their pictures that the Hurst Shifter was still on the car so I assume that the rear upper and lower control arms, control arm lowering brackets, sound tube delete, and misc other items I had changed were still on it too. I put all the stock stuff in a box and put them in the trunk when I traded it in. I asked if the items were still in the trunk and they couldn't tell me. I asked if they would go look and was told they didn't have time.

Anyway, there is is, asking $36k for it, not a bad deal for a low mile (6K) Boss 302.

I do have the kit still and will keep it until I find the new owner.

hotrodnut said:
Ihave found my old Boss, http://www.opelikachryslerjeepdodgeram.com/used-inventory/vehicle-details.htm?vehicleId=1b6cd0310a0a006501173950e55e0708

I called them and explained to them that I had the owners kit for that car. They were very short with me since I wasn't interested in "buying" a car. Then they wanted me to send it to them. Yeah, right!

I saw in their pictures that the Hurst Shifter was still on the car so I assume that the rear upper and lower control arms, control arm lowering brackets, sound tube delete, and misc other items I had changed were still on it too. I put all the stock stuff in a box and put them in the trunk when I traded it in. I asked if the items were still in the trunk and they couldn't tell me. I asked if they would go look and was told they didn't have time.

Anyway, there is is, asking $36k for it, not a bad deal for a low mile (6K) Boss 302.

I do have the kit still and will keep it until I find the new owner.

Any feedback on the Hurst Shifter? I see there is no reverse lockout. Is that apparent in everyday use or a non-issue?

RoushF150 said:
Any feedback on the Hurst Shifter? I see there is no reverse lockout. Is that apparent in everyday use or a non-issue?

I loved the Hurst. I had a little issue without having the reverse lockout. The Hurst has a spring that helps prevent it from going to the reverse gate and it is adjustable. Not knowing how stiff it would be I set it in the middle. If I had set it at full tight it may have been better.

I did have an old Hurst T-handle that I used on every car that I have had with a Hurst shifter since the late 60s. I put that on and it stopped the issue of catching the reverse gate on the 1-2 shift since it forced me to pull straight back on the shifter. I have a tendency to pull the shifter towards me on my 1st to 2nd shift and that would cause it to catch in the reverse gate before the T-handle.

Some say that it's hard to find 1st when stopped and will have it in reverse instead. The gates are real close so that is very possible. For me, I have always put it in second beore going to 1st and if you do that you will never be in reverse with the intention of being in 1st.

I first installed the Hurst Shifter Bracket insert which is stiffer than stock. It uses the same bracket as the factory. It felt a little sloppy with that still so I installed the Barton Shifter Bracket Assembly and that really made a world of difference. Although it had a bit more noise, to me, that was ok, I like that gear noise.

All in all, I think it was a real good mod for improved shifting.

hotrodnut said:
I loved the Hurst. I had a little issue without having the reverse lockout. The Hurst has a spring that helps prevent it from going to the reverse gate and it is adjustable. Not knowing how stiff it would be I set it in the middle. If I had set it at full tight it may have been better.

I did have an old Hurst T-handle that I used on every car that I have had with a Hurst shifter since the late 60s. I put that on and it stopped the issue of catching the reverse gate on the 1-2 shift since it forced me to pull straight back on the shifter. I have a tendency to pull the shifter towards me on my 1st to 2nd shift and that would cause it to catch in the reverse gate before the T-handle.

Some say that it's hard to find 1st when stopped and will have it in reverse instead. The gates are real close so that is very possible. For me, I have always put it in second beore going to 1st and if you do that you will never be in reverse with the intention of being in 1st.

I first installed the Hurst Shifter Bracket insert which is stiffer than stock. It uses the same bracket as the factory. It felt a little sloppy with that still so I installed the Barton Shifter Bracket Assembly and that really made a world of difference. Although it had a bit more noise, to me, that was ok, I like that gear noise.

All in all, I think it was a real good mod for improved shifting.

Thanks

Just found this one on fleabay: http://bit.ly/1cgW1Gz
Guy is out of his freaking mind but figured I'd list it just in case.
It's for a 2013 Race red #3097.

Still on the search for mine. 2012 Race red #1863

Cobra700 said:
Just found this one on fleabay: http://bit.ly/1cgW1Gz
Guy is out of his freaking mind but figured I'd list it just in case.
It's for a 2013 Race red #3097.

Still on the search for mine. 2012 Race red #1863

Crazy price. Goal should be to reunite with the car. Owner should just post n Craig's list and ask for covering his cost to ship to the current owner. Ultimately, who wants an owners kit from a car you don't own? Always puzzled me when I see these listed n eBay.

Boss1601 said:
Crazy price. Goal should be to reunite with the car. Owner should just post n Craig's list and ask for covering his cost to ship to the current owner. Ultimately, who wants an owners kit from a car you don't own? Always puzzled me when I see these listed n eBay.

Agreed. They should stay with the cars. Also, dunno why you'd want it if you don't own the car. I placed a $1.00 bid. Lol

I will find out if mine is with the car this upcoming week when it arrives, but they didn't sound like it was there. I am hoping there was something lost in the translation of what they were looking for.

At any rate, I will have my car, and a blast driving it, and while the kit would be nice, I won't lose sleep over it.

TimBoss351 said:
I will find out if mine is with the car this upcoming week when it arrives, but they didn't sound like it was there. I am hoping there was something lost in the translation of what they were looking for.

At any rate, I will have my car, and a blast driving it, and while the kit would be nice, I won't lose sleep over it.

What is the car number?

Looking for 2012 Kona Blue #2210. Original owner purchased from Sheehy Ford in Ashland, VA on November 4, 2011.

Thanks all,
Chris

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84

I'm trading my car in Saturday to a Ford Dealership, are you guys saying I shouldn't include the kit? I honestly would hate to see the car separated from the kit.
I was going to give them the Kit, and original floor mats that are still unused.
The car cover is still sealed in bag, I was going to sell that separately on eBay, or use it if the try offering me less then promised,
What do you guys think?

Sell the car cover. Leave a note in the car and have the dealer tell new owner to contact you for the kit. Or make sure they know that the kit adds value to the car so that they include it

unrealford said:
I'm trading my car in Saturday to a Ford Dealership, are you guys saying I shouldn't include the kit? I honestly would hate to see the car separated from the kit.
I was going to give them the Kit, and original floor mats that are still unused.
The car cover is still sealed in bag, I was going to sell that separately on eBay, or use it if the try offering me less then promised,
What do you guys think?
DO NOT give them the owner's kit. Put a note in the car with the owners manual with how the new owner can get in contact with you. Unless you know the dealer well and are 100% sure the new owner would get the kit don't leave it with the car. You can sell the mats and cover here on BMO. Sorry you're trading it in but remember all Mustangs are welcome at BMO. Good luck and have fun with the GT500.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84

OK, thx guys great idea. I absolutely love my Boss so if they try to offer me less then promised, I'll happily drive back home 5hr ride.
The for the welcome with the 500 still.

TMO Supporting Vendors