The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

louvers and memories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikebxb

2012 BOSS 302 0782 no mods yet
Texas
2 things got my louvers today and met first Corvette in traffic since selling mine & buying the BOSS. It wasn't as painful as I predicted.
louvers help the look

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
I'm in the same boat. Traded in my Vic/red 2005 Z51 with mods on the 2012 Boss that I have. Never looked back, the Boss is a much more engaging car and I find more fun to drive. I like Corvettes but I'm too tall for them with a helmet on and I never felt hooked up in it. I read somewhere on owning a Corvette , the driving experience always felt like you are in someone else's car. I thought that was a perfect description of my driving experience in one.
So Louvers, you are referring to the rear window louvers? I just today saw a totally perfect 69 or 70 Boss and it had the rear window louvers on with the car in school bus yellow. Wow those cars are so good looking.

mikebxb

2012 BOSS 302 0782 no mods yet
Texas
interesting you never felt "connected". I understand the words but i was one with every corvette i owned. That said, i learned to drive manual in our 66 stang gt convertible. so i i'm in my comfort zone with this mustang. I think its a matter of adapting & learning the limits of ones ride . break the rear end loose in a curve and throttle control it's direction - get to trust it.
I teared up a little but shook it off LOL. I'm happy with the boss and enjoying not bottoming out & sitting higher
and yes i meant rear qrtr louvers

I love your WHITE BOSS bro with the kona blue a close second.

I had rear lovers on my 04 GT. It was a PIA to install, and anything over 70-80 made it rattle like hell. The look is awesome, and want it on my boss. But there needs to be a better solution before I buy another one.

I have a set of MMD ABS plastic louvers on my car. Easy to install and a little loose, so I put 6 tiny clear anti slip buttons in key spots and they are silent. Easy to remove for cleaning and look amazing. I love mine. One BOSS owner told me to ditch them on a facebook page and get the aluminum ones. I lost the page, but wanted to tell him to pound sand, I like the looks of the MMD's better and they are $200 cheaper.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
mikebxb said:
interesting you never felt "connected". I understand the words but i was one with every corvette i owned. That said, i learned to drive manual in our 66 stang gt convertible. so i i'm in my comfort zone with this mustang. I think its a matter of adapting & learning the limits of ones ride . break the rear end loose in a curve and throttle control it's direction - get to trust it.
I teared up a little but shook it off LOL. I'm happy with the boss and enjoying not bottoming out & sitting higher
and yes i meant rear qrtr louvers

I love your WHITE BOSS bro with the kona blue a close second.

Well, I think for me with the Vett I'm to tall. Even with the glass roof I had to drive on track with my helmet bouncing off the roof. Did not inspire confidence and I could never get my seating position correct. But I did enjoy the car just did not want to start putting in race seats and such. Then I sat in a Boss at the track with my helmet on with the Recaro dropped down , I had 2 or 3" space or so to the roof , sold. Always wanted a Boss anyhow.
So you did side widow louvers, what color with your kona? I have gone back and forth on the window louvers sides and back. My car would be easy as its white and black so anything black looks good on it. Thanks for the compliment on the white , I like all the colors on the Boss.

Domestic Product said:
I read somewhere on owning a Corvette , the driving experience always felt like you are in someone else's car. I thought that was a perfect description of my driving experience in one.
I had an '08 Vette and felt pretty much the same. I've had more Mustangs than any other car so I guess it's not surprising that I came back to the corral.

El_Jefe_302 said:
Anybody have rear window louvers? been thinking of get them but hear they rattle and vibrate to much.
I had the MRT rear window louvers on my '06 GT for about 4-5 yrs. No rattles & they looked great. Have thought many times about putting a set on the Boss, but haven't as of yet. I know of 2 newer Boss owners that have installed & looks great, 1 2012 Yellow Blaze & 1 2013 Race Red.DSC04166.jpg

GB218

TMO Addict
+1 for the MRT's. Nice solid product. I've had them on my 13 for about a year. No rattles here....

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel