The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Love the suspension, hate the noise.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Installed some Ford Racing suspension components a few days ago.

Ford Racing P Springs
Ford Racing Jounce Bumpers
Ford Racing Adjustable Panhard Bar
Ford Racing Lower Control Arms (R1)
Ford Racing Lower Control Arm relocation brackets
Eibach Camber bolts.

Love how the car no longer looks like a 4x4. I think if it was a little lower I would be happier though.
I observed less brake dive and a lot less body roll already and Im not even tracking the car. Made a noticeable difference just in street driving.
But,
The noise I get at low speeds is horrible. If its not a very smooth road, I get annoying rubbing sounds. I know going away from the rubber OEM bushing means there would be more noise, I just didn't think it would be this bad.
Any remedies to the noise besides going back to stock or is it just the way it is?

Lower the windows and drop into a lower gear? Turn up the radio? Go back to rubber bushings and sacrifice handling for noise comfort? Personally i would say just see if you can get use to it. My GT is far worse than what you are experiencing trust me so the boss is a relief even though i will probably end up going to most of that stuff or something like it by next year.

I have a similar setup and mine is noisier but not that bad. I don't have any rubbing sound so I wonder if your LCA's aren't seated properly in the brackets. I was told the panhard bar is where most of the noise comes from.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
When I had the FRPP suspension on my 06 I just used the Mobil1 or Black Lithium grease, worked fine. I would try to grease the bushings at each track event (about once a month). The rear swaybar is the most work.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try to grease them to see if that helps with the noise.

Maui
colticus said:
Thanks for the suggestions. I will try to grease them to see if that helps with the noise.

I'd be curious if that solves your problems. I put in the p springs a couple months ago and the jounce bumpers without the panhard bar, relocation brackets or lcas.. I wasn't going to track the car and only wanted to get rid of the 4x4 look, so didn't do the rest but may eventually. I heard the panhard bar can make it noisier back there too. Let us know what you find...

808Boss said:
I'd be curious if that solves your problems. I put in the p springs a couple months ago and the jounce bumpers without the panhard bar, relocation brackets or lcas.. I wasn't going to track the car and only wanted to get rid of the 4x4 look, so didn't do the rest but may eventually. I heard the panhard bar can make it noisier back there too. Let us know what you find...

Did your car get noisier when you installed only the P Springs? If so, is it road noise from being one inch closer to the road or is the car bottoming out against the snubber?

Maui
seca954 said:
Did your car get noisier when you installed only the P Springs? If so, is it road noise from being one inch closer to the road or is the car bottoming out against the snubber?

No the car didn't really get noisier at all. Just a little more stiff ride but tolerable...Very similar to stock ride, but less brake dive and body roll

TMO Supporting Vendors