The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lower control arm location question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just got my P springs in. Also have lower control arm relo brackets and arms. After I install the new lowering springs which hole do I install the lower control arm in . The bottom one or the next one up. there are only 2 options on mine. Any help would be appreciated.

ArizonaBOSS said:

You can change them to add or take away anti squat / anti dive (they go together at least from the rear of the car's perspective). add too much anti squat i.e. put the control arm in the lowest hole and you wont get much weight transfer to the front! although the more front positive caster you have the more it will dive - but we normally max that out anyway on mustang s197, i'm not sure why.

before I put my relocation brackets on I had pro squat so bad the upper 3rd link control arm would smack against the trans tunnel because it squatted so hard. that went away with the bmr relocation.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I tend to bounce in between lowest and middle holes. Fast tracks middle hole, tight smaller tracks lowest hole. Its a Trade off. With the lowest setting car feels more agile and has better traction under power but braking gets nervous.

I appreciate all the info given. can't wait to get them on the car and lower this thing a little. going to the mid America Shelby meet in a few weeks. Any of you there look me up. I'll be the one with both an old and late model grabber blue boss 302. Come have a beer and chew the fat. Thanks

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel