The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lower grill inserts, who wants one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It looks like I will be making another batch (14) of these grilles. They probably won't be ready to ship until begining of August due to my vacation coming up shortly (track attack). So if you want one, send me a PM or email me here. Thanks, Mike

drano38

Wayne
Three days (400 miles) at BIR last weekend.
Yep, it works, and worth it.
Gary's had a couple minor-bent wires from rock hits.
The honeycomb neoprene catches the leftovers.

20120729134600897.jpg

Bringing up a post from the dead! I have had a couple of guys ask if I was going to make any more of these grilles. Well I started a couple of months ago and I have finally gotten the grilles all welded up. Just need to grind the welds and send them to the powdercoater. Should be ready to ship in 3 to 4 weeks, I hope! I made 16 in this batch and there are quite a few that are not spoken for. If you think you might want one, you might want to get one as I am not sure if I will be making more. Price is still $175 shipped and for those that are not familiar with the grille, you might want to read the entire thread. Send me an IM or email if you are interested or have a question. Thanks, Mike

1001298k.jpg

drano38

Wayne
NFSBOSS said:
For any 2012 Boss owners thinking about buying one don't hesitate. Mike did a fantastic job making these and the fitment and quality are outstanding.

+1 on that.
My pic in the earlier post shows how much junk it kept out of the radiator. Well worth it to keep the radiator from getting banged up.

GA
I've had mine in for at least 6 or 7 months and it is still in there tight and looking great. 8) Every so often I pick stuff out of it and am glad it's there.

The grilles are back from powder coating and ready to ship. I sent out PM's to all who wanted one. I still have some left over that are not spoken for so if you need one let me know.

looking forward to adding this to my weekend install list. I have brake ducts, 302r grill, brake pads, rotors, fluid and a quick removal setup for my amps and sound processor.

I had my front bumper cover off yesterday and was looking at my lower grille that Mike made. Not only is it holding up well to track abuse it's mounted as tight as can be. Of all the after market products I've purchased for my car this is one of the best. Don't hesitate on ordering one for your 2012 Boss or 2010-2012 GT with the CS valance.

Mike you should consider making a version that will work with the Blow Fish Racing tow hook.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel