The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lowering springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In my opinion the H&R springs lower it to much. An as 5dot0 stated, I want springs specically tested for the Boss. Right now the Steeda springs are about as close as you can get. I am holding out for the FRPP springs, and really all I want is the rear lowered a little, not a drastic change in rates or the front lowered.

Anybody else on this site get tired of "high jacking" as in high jacking a thread? This one is lowering springs, not a conference call, chat or discussion lounge for any topic you decide to wonder off to. Most people I know think that if the thread is lowering springs that doesn't include splitters, ordering a 2013 or your latest track times and video (just a few examples, not trying to signal anybody out). It's not hard to start another thread on any topic you want. The advantage is that anybody actually interested in lowering springs doesn't have to go through 7 pages to actually get 3 pages of info on the thread subject. Those interested in the other topics can quickly find them. Just my $.02, but I think it would improve the site for everyone.

Mike

BossDuke said:
Anybody else on this site get tired of "high jacking" as in high jacking a thread? This one is lowering springs, not a conference call, chat or discussion lounge for any topic you decide to wonder off to. Most people I know think that if the thread is lowering springs that doesn't include splitters, ordering a 2013 or your latest track times and video (just a few examples, not trying to signal anybody out). It's not hard to start another thread on any topic you want. The advantage is that anybody actually interested in lowering springs doesn't have to go through 7 pages to actually get 3 pages of info on the thread subject. Those interested in the other topics can quickly find them. Just my $.02, but I think it would improve the site for everyone.

Mike

Mike,

I really agree with your option............in most ways...............lowering springs without a discussion on lap times (as it applies to the spring), aero and lowering is something that needs to be discussed when lowering (the lower the splitter the more effective it will be and then you need to address the rear of the car).

How about it Boss Online Team? We have a really knowledgeable base of users; many guys/gals have been tracking cars for years and we don’t want to lose that.

Keeping stuff on topic will greatly improve the search engine capabilities …………..

Doug

Mike
Welcome to the wonderful world of community forums. This happens on all types of forums and as long as there are no personal attacks the threads will not be monitored to make sure every post is 100 percent on topic. You may not know this but many of the members know one another, mostly through the forum, and they run at the track together or meet up at cruise night events.

Sorry you do not like it but that is the nature of these forums and will almost certainly not change.

Mike, Welcome to BMO. You bring up some legitimate points. If you dig a little deeper I think you'll find a lot of valuable information here especially as it pertains to tracking your Boss. There are many members here that are very experienced racers, ex-racers, and track rats that can help with setting up your Boss to maximize it's performance on track. Like any community we don't always stay focused on the task at hand and do wander off and have a bit of fun along the way. The mods here have tried to keep topics on track without having too heavy of a hand and being militant about it. You'll find we have cut off frivolous discussions and refocus threads. I don't mind threads wandering off when it pertains to on track discussion and others sharing their experience. You may not know this but OLOABoss has installed the Steeda Boss specific track/lowering springs on his Boss so the feedback he's providing does relate back to lowering springs in a round about way. ;D

Anyway feel free to share any information you may have with a Boss, other Mustangs, or tracking another car.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
BossDuke said:

Mike

I'm with you. I don't post much...and this thread is off in the alfalfa!

Keep the rubber side down, and topics on track...

I skipped from page3 to the last page because my patience wore out. Going back to reading and lurking now.

[quote author=Boss3o2]

Anyone looking to lower, I would recommend F.R.'s Boss 302S Lowering Springs. 1.5" Fr, and 1.8" Rr
[/quote]
Can you even purchase these? Do you have a part number? This is so frustrating when people say, "I would recommend a part that you cannot purchase."

TMO Supporting Vendors