The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lowering Springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone know if you can buy only the rear lowering springs to just level the car out? If so what brand and how much do they lower it? I don't think I want to lower the front just level the car out. Thanks guys!

I have the Steeda springs installed and I think that with how level it sits now, installing JUST the rears will make it sit slightly lower in the rear. The front came down a little bit too visually though not too much, but now when you look at the side profile of the car, it's flat / even. I really think just the rears isn't the way to go.

I'm contemplating going back to stock as well, surprisingly I think I like the raked look more. If you want my springs, I'll sell em to ya

I ran Steeda Boss springs on the rear only on my 2012 Boss. It leveled the car out and the handling was fine both on the track and street. I tracked the car four different times with this setup with no issues. Yes the handling was different, but I felt like it was an improvement over stock. The car experienced less brake dive and was flatter on corner exit allowing me to pick up the throttle sooner. On the street the ride was near stock, with just a hint more roughness over larger bumps.

WorldFamousZ said:
I have the Steeda springs installed and I think that with how level it sits now, installing JUST the rears will make it sit slightly lower in the rear. The front came down a little bit too visually though not too much, but now when you look at the side profile of the car, it's flat / even. I really think just the rears isn't the way to go.

I'm contemplating going back to stock as well, surprisingly I think I like the raked look more. If you want my springs, I'll sell em to ya

I am interested PM sent.

Paul

TMO Supporting Vendors