The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

lowering springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hey guys,

Im looking to get lowering spring for my car to improve its handling performance.

what options is best to go for autocoross ?

Right now what ive that suits me is the steeda competition but i want to see what other options i have too

thanks,

Stock dampers? Probably P springs if it's still going to be street driven.

NFSBOSS said:
Stock dampers? Probably P springs if it's still going to be street driven.

How bad is it gonna be if i didnt change the shovks and struts ?

how is the p springs compared to other spring in terms of handling and nose dive in braking ?

If you go Koni Yellows, then I would suggest going with Maximum Motorsport road and track springs. Vary nice on the street and works well for the track. I did have to make other changes though. Big front sway bar up front (Eibach 38mm three way adjustable), very small bar in back (Ford stock 18mm). The other things to think about, Anti-squat brackets, Caster camber plates ect.. If you do the P-springs you may not need any of that. I only recommend going with Anti-squat brackets if your drop is more than 1 inch anyway. Anyway that just my 2 cents worth. Good luck.

Hows the p springs compared to k or t ?

Ive read that the k springs have same rate as p but lower stance is that true ??

Am i gonna feel the difference going to p springs or is it same in terms or performance ?

What else do i need with those springs ? lcas ? Lca brackets ? panhard bar ? uca ?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
eng90 said:
Hows the p springs compared to k or t ?

Ive read that the k springs have same rate as p but lower stance is that true ??

Am i gonna feel the difference going to p springs or is it same in terms or performance ?

What else do i need with those springs ? lcas ? Lca brackets ? panhard bar ? uca ?

P Spring ride is slightly firmer. Reduced brake dive. Less roll. I was concerned that the P springs would be too firm for the street, don't be.

I softened the shocks and felt little difference.

and the best option i have for stock suspension is the p ?

Ive seen h&r have sport and super sport springs, steeda and bmr also... non of them work on stock boss suspension ?

Sometimes daily drive ... mostly autocross or curcuit... and a some street use.

Mostly im loojing for is handling for autocross and curcuit

TMO Supporting Vendors