The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lowering the BOSS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am trying to decide what lowering springs to put on the Boss. I dont like the jacked up rear end look and it has quite a nose dive when you hit the binders. I am wondering if the spring kit that lowers the front 1" and the back an 1"1/2 is too much. Anybody have tire rub?

Either Ford Racing K springs or Eibach Sportlines are what you're looking for. I haven't read about anyone rubbing with stock tires.

Well now I just went out and looked a the car and the fender lip on the front and rear are not just rolled but they are flattened out. So I am sure I can go 1"1/2 in the rear but I am not sure about the 1" lower in the front. I am looking to level the car out. Right now it looks like it has a set of Hi Jakers on it.

I Have H&R 2" lowering springs all around with no tire rub at all with 275/R60-15s on the rear for the strip. no problems with rubbing with the stock setup either. The car handles great with the lowered stance.

daddyfixer said:
I Have H&R 2" lowering springs all around with no tire rub at all with 275/R60-15s on the rear for the strip. no problems with rubbing with the stock setup either. The car handles great with the lowered stance.

How is the ride quality with it lowered that much? When you hit a bump does it jar your back? Are H&R drag specific springs?

A friend of mine bought these springs and only installed the rear springs only on his 2012 boss ,(he's going to put the fronts on later) it sits perfect and didn't even require realignment ,(well the steering wheels still straight) we all know it will be out a small amount , probably sits the same as having a couple people in the back seat. it looks great sitting next to mine with the pick up truck look !
http://www.steeda.com/store/boss-performance-lowering-springs.html

Sesshomurai

I went with the Eibach Sportlines for track racing purposes. They are great. No body roll or nose dive so far.

For the boss I think these go 1" front 1.8" rear. Or thereabouts. Max is 1.7-2.3"

Before
rims1.jpg

After
after1.jpg

daddyfixer said:
I Have H&R 2" lowering springs all around with no tire rub at all with 275/R60-15s on the rear for the strip.
Did you need to relocate the sway bar for those rear tires. Would like to see a side shot of your car with those wheels.

The 2" H&R springs are not drag specific. In fact the car handles so much better on the road. I did remove the bump stops in the rear to allow more travel. You will need an adjustable panhard bar . When you lower a Boss that much, the stock bar pushes the body to the left off center.( note rear fenderwells) The adjustable bar is needed to bring it back to center. I run the settings on one all around. The car does not ride like a 1960 cadillac , but then again if it's a very firm but not a back jarring ride and is rather responsive . I just received a Kenny Brown Extreme matrix kit , along with the jacking bars so as to put a jack anywhere along the frame. The picture of my car was set up for a one time event . It is not a drag car,But it has won 3 out of 3 car shows, including the Summit employees best pick late model 1979 -2012 mustang. The car is a work in progress for track duty.

Thanks for the insight and pics. this will help with my decision to stick with the 1" rear and 1/2" front springs. I am also going with the LS style wheels.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel