The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

LOWERING

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi All
I have been reading several posts regarding lowering these cars.
For the rear , On another forum i was advised that there is no need to replace the rear lower control arms and also the center upper arm.
I was told all the is needed is adj pan rod , relocation lower mounts , Jounce bumpers and springs.
For the front , just springs and MM adj top plates
Opinions please

Yep you got it. I suggest reading the Ford Racing Suspension Mods sticky in the tech forum.

5 DOT 0 said:
Yep you got it. I suggest reading the Ford Racing Suspension Mods sticky in the tech forum.

Yep
I have read that one.
That is what was making me think you need the extra parts to keep the original handling.
thanks

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
The adjustable upper is really there to change your instant center/pinion angle if you ran out of adjustment on the lowers. Adjustable lowers will get you where you need to be if you want to change your pinion angle and instant center. Unless you are slamming it to the ground.

Justin said:
The adjustable upper is really there to change your instant center/pinion angle if you ran out of adjustment on the lowers. Adjustable lowers will get you where you need to be if you want to change your pinion angle and instant center. Unless you are slamming it to the ground.

who does adj lowers ??????????

Justin

Russellsam said:
Justin said:

who does adj lowers ??????????
I have seen them BBR below is a link take your pick
http://www.blowbyracing.com/coartrar.html

You don't need LCA relocation brackets for street or road course work. Maybe drag racing if have a sticky tire.

Justin

908ssp said:
You don't need LCA relocation brackets for street or road course work. Maybe drag racing if have a sticky tire.
I dont think you need adjustable LCA's either unless you are going to do some heavy drag racing.

Maui
I was also thinking about lowering my car as well. Mainly for aesthetics and a little for performance. I don't really track the car too much here in Maui. We have a drag strip I occasionally go to. Could I just install the p springs (ford racing) without the panhard bar or FR LCA relocation brackets? Would I be able to get an alignment to get the car back to factory specs with just the p-springs? Also I read somewhere on this forum that the LCA relocation brackets were not compatible with the stock LCAs. So if I really needed to get the LCA relocation brackets, would that mean I'd need to get new LCAs? Just looking for some more opinions. I talked to another person from silver horse racing who said all I really needed was the p-springs if I just wanted to lower the car and wasn't going to track the car.... ???

2012Boss302 said:
I'm not knocking the "P" spring by any means here, why is it no one really seems to be using the Steeda Boss springs???
I'm sure they are fine but there was an early report from a member that they were binding on this MM camber plates and that may have scared a few people off. Give them a try and let us know how you like them.

TMO Supporting Vendors