The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much can I lower the car before I need to use Trailing arm relocation brackets? I don't track but may go to the drag strip once in a while. How low can I go before it starts to effect the handling noticeably? My son drives the car a few times a year when he is in town. He likes to roar around corners like some half crazed Porsche. Will it be a problem if I don't use them?

PeteInCT said:
Relo's are inexpensive and easy to install..

I drag race once in a while. If you drag race, your suppose to weld them in and I don't want to make any mods that can't be undone easily.

Thanks Steve, that gives me an idea what springs I can use.

Welding is not necessary for the few times it sounds like youll be tracking. If you had 600rwhp and launching at 6k of course. But for a few runs down the quarter, bolt on ones will do you fine

Boss 738 said:
Welding is not necessary for the few times it sounds like youll be tracking. If you had 600rwhp and launching at 6k of course. But for a few runs down the quarter, bolt on ones will do you fine

ummmm, we may well have that and more once we Supercharge. ;D

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
NewBoss
Come on now, if you supercharge you will be doing a lot of mods that are not easily undone. Get FRPP relocation brackets and bolt them on. If you add more power with a SC you can take the car to a good muffler shop and have them run a few beads on the side of the brackets. Honestly with the Ford Racing design I don't think you would need to weld them at 600 hp. If you drag race and have a Torsen you have more to worry about there than the LCA brackets.
JMHO
Steve

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
steveespo said:
NewBoss
Come on now, if you supercharge you will be doing a lot of mods that are not easily undone. Get FRPP relocation brackets and bolt them on. If you add more power with a SC you can take the car to a good muffler shop and have them run a few beads on the side of the brackets. Honestly with the Ford Racing design I don't think you would need to weld them at 600 hp. If you drag race and have a Torsen you have more to worry about there than the LCA brackets.
JMHO
Steve

+1

Steve - I got the panhard adjusted. Needed about 1/4". I think we both need to go to the gym more ;D (Actually, it's a lot easier up on a lift. Especially when you have a mechanic the size of both of us unlocking the lock bolts. His arms were like my thighs ::) )

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
PeteInCT said:
+1

Steve - I got the panhard adjusted. Needed about 1/4". I think we both need to go to the gym more ;D (Actually, it's a lot easier up on a lift. Especially when you have a mechanic the size of both of us unlocking the lock bolts. His arms were like my thighs ::) )
Which way did the nuts turn? Slotted one right to loose, normal one left to loose?
It really felt like I was going to snap something. I will get on a workout program.
Steve

steveespo said:
NewBoss
Come on now, if you supercharge you will be doing a lot of mods that are not easily undone. Get FRPP relocation brackets and bolt them on.JMHO
Steve

Bolt on parts are easily undone, it's just time. I have a full shop with multiple lifts. Welded parts are not easily undone. I will get the FRPP brackets and see how it works out.

thanks for the tips.

TMO Supporting Vendors