The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

LS Front Splitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrGT5oh said:
Is anyone running the LS front splitter on their car around town? If so, are you having any clearance issues? Or any issues at all?
No problem here, put mine on after the 2nd week, you have to remember that it is out there, no parking at curbs, watch out for tall speed bumps. However I did bottom out slightly on one of our back roads, here in KY! Small scrape on it.

KYBOSSLS

I livein Westchester, NY. Very hilly. Scraped her a couple times. Got to go up my driveway just the right way too. Not too bad were it's an annoyance

Looks like Ford modified their statement on the front LS splitter:

*Front air splitter included in Laguna Seca Package is intended for race track use only and is not legal for on-street driving. May degrade crash performance and void vehicle warranty. Must be installed by customer.

When I ordered my Boss, all I remember seeing is the above statement without the part about degrading crash performance and voiding vehicle warranty. Interesting.

When I ordered my car way back in January I was told by the dealer the splitter on the LS was not legal for the street.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel