The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

LS Splitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do all of you LS owners get the splitter installed? I'm worried about clearance on speed bumps. If it hits a speed bump, can it damage more than the splitter? Perhaps its best not to install it. Thoughts?

Installed mine on day one. I do have it angled up as far as possible( slightly above level). And i put it slightly below level on track days. No problems with speed bumps. Occasionally on steep hills it will scrape. But if you take it slow it clears almost everything.

IMAG0261.png

If you are not road racing, tracking or going to a lot of car shows and want to show it off, leave it off. Chances are you will not hit it hard, if you do you will be buying a new condenser, radiator, lower facade, bumper cover and other parts.

The chance is better you will ding it up under "normal" everyday type driving.

JMHO

Jza1736 said:
it clears almost everything
;D

I have the World Challenge splitter on and am lowered another 1/2" from stock and haven't rubbed it yet, but I am aware of it and conscientious about what/how I drive over things.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I agree with 2012YellowBoss, if you don't track the car it may be more of a headache than it's worth. The tip of my splitter is a little more than 1" lower than stock (5" now), but even before my car was lowered from the tire/wheel mod I found that many exit/entrance driveways (even to my local gas station) would clip the underside of the splitter unless you drove VERY slowly. That and the fact that almost any impact from the front will cause a significant amount of damage dollar wise makes it something you really need to be on the lookout for if you have it mounted.

That said, it does turn a lot of heads when people see it for the first time ! ;D

PeteInCT said:
That and the fact that almost any impact from the front will cause a significant amount of damage dollar wise makes it something you really need to be on the lookout for if you have it mounted.
This is why I don't have one...yet.

PeteInCT said:
That said, it does turn a lot of heads when people see it for the first time ! ;D
If I do buy one I'll buy the World Challenge splitter or MRT since they are both smaller and less expensive.

TMO Supporting Vendors