The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

LS Spoiler installed on my '13 GB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Had an LS spoiler I had picked up on eBay installed yesterday. It was a new Ford part painted Kona blue. Came with everything but the fasteners. Got it for $160 w/ $160 to paint matte black and install. It was a pain for the body shop to get the stock spoiler off. A few scratches to the trunk lid I was not happy about, but they were able to buff them out.

All that's left for exterior mods is figuring out what springs to run with rims and tires, and possibly MRT louvers.

ubememah.jpg

gu4apunu.jpg

yquhade7.jpg

Looks good. Since it's functional it should have been an option on the Boss cars. You should have checked here first on removing the stock spoiler. I got mine off in 5 minutes with no scratches.

Ha!

I did look at some pointers and told the body shop to use some fishing or other cutting line. They did, but the scratched it while refeeding the lines around the studs.

Was there a better way?

Darth Boss said:
Ha!

I did look at some pointers and told the body shop to use some fishing or other cutting line. They did, but the scratched it while refeeding the lines around the studs.

Was there a better way?
That's basically it but hopefully they taped along the existing spoiler to minimize scratching. Also fishing line is too weak. I used a heavy nylon string that acted as a saw and cut right through it. I got there because I didn't have anything else but once I used it I knew the sawing action from the multi strand string was the ticket.

Grant 302 said:
I've read 4 more holes?

I didn't care, I believe it was 4-holes though. I believe the 2013 GT500 spoiler requires no drilling but does not provide as much downforce.

Darth Boss said:
I didn't care, I believe it was 4-holes though. Yes, 4-additional holes are required... I just completed this mod having to drill the four.

I believe the 2013 GT500 spoiler requires no drilling but does not provide as much downforce. Yes, this is correct.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland
Darth Boss said:
I didn't care, I believe it was 4-holes though. I believe the 2013 GT500 spoiler requires no drilling but does not provide as much downforce.

now i found my source. it is 4 holes more.

my source:

http://www.boss302forum.com/topic/13969-new-lspedestal-spoiler/?p=266958

TMO Supporting Vendors