The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

LS vs. regular boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The biggest difference is the R comp tires and the LS has never proven to be two seconds faster at Laguna Seca regardless of what the Ford marketing department stated. It’s less than a second. I’m not sure what happened to it but the 2012 Boss 302 was on Fastest Laps with a 140.2 by a Motor Trend driver, only 0.70 seconds slower than this time posted by the LS.

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna_seca.html

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1102_2012_ford_mustang_boss_302_test/laguna_seca_lap_time.html

Yeah wheels and tires make a difference I read on here to watch out when driving my LS under 60 degrees well I forgot when my wife wanted a ride I barely got on it and had it sideways LOL didn't scare me But my wife had white knuckles and was pissed! So I did the NASCAR swerve back and forth till the were warm ok after that ! But not my ear blah blah all the way back to the garage!

I would like to see both cars same track same day same tires. And yeah colder weather these tires make driving adventurous.

Back in Black said:
I would like to see both cars same track same day same tires. And yeah colder weather these tires make driving adventurous.

Heavy rain creates a nice adventure feel at times too. Even when just slowly shifting the gears form a dead stop it is an adventure to feel the tires slip, grab, slip, grab, slip grab...still waiting for Tire Rack to send my replacements.

TMO Supporting Vendors