The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SN95 LS3 Pony Build Thread Profile - SN95 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Wow, Casey, what folks do not realize is you are running against National Champions like Mark Hill, and to be second in PAX against him is stellar --- he is insanely fast. Saw you were behind my old buddies Foley and Viets at the Ozark Region event and though you have 10-20 years of experience those guys have nearly double. I am pretty sure Opie Viets is a 40+ year member of SCCA. Really good runs and I hope to see you at the SCCA Solo Nationals, since I think you and Emery Seaton might be shaking up the CAMT Class and that would be great to see a couple of TMO members up on the podium.

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
Wow, Casey, what folks do not realize is you are running against National Champions like Mark Hill, and to be second in PAX against him is stellar --- he is insanely fast. Saw you were behind my old buddies Foley and Viets at the Ozark Region event and though you have 10-20 years of experience those guys have nearly double. I am pretty sure Opie Viets is a 40+ year member of SCCA. Really good runs and I hope to see you at the SCCA Solo Nationals, since I think you and Emery Seaton might be shaking up the CAMT Class and that would be great to see a couple of TMO members up on the podium.
Mark Hill is an alien. I'm fairly sure he has run TTOD at every event over the last couple years. Down at Ozark I would have been much closer to Opie but I had to run back-to-back because of a re-run and the tires couldn't hold on that long. He's fast and has a fast CAM car for sure. He's running 335's squared if I'm not mistaken. I know I can run with those guys but unfortunately we won't be able to find out this year.

My gauge that I use is Patrick Darling. His car is the CAM-T National Champ from 2 years ago. I always thought it would be a waste to go to Nationals if I'm not at the front of the pack locally. Recently I've been running at the front of the pack much more often so it makes me think I might be ready to make the jump. The car feels ready.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You need to get up to Lincoln, and since you did not mention it I am assuming you are not going to Nationals this year? Mark Hill, and a bunch of others in KC come up 3-4 times a year prior to Nationals to get seat time on the large, concrete surface. It will help a bunch and you will find the courses very conducive to the CAM Classes.

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
You need to get up to Lincoln, and since you did not mention it I am assuming you are not going to Nationals this year? Mark Hill, and a bunch of others in KC come up 3-4 times a year prior to Nationals to get seat time on the large, concrete surface. It will help a bunch and you will find the courses very conducive to the CAM Classes.
No, can't make it this year.

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
On a positive note, these showed up today. Holley ran a stupid good sale on these that forced me to purchase immediately. They are Rocket Racing Attacks in 18 x 11. The plan is to move my 295's over to these and get some more street/track friendly tires for the 10.5's. When my 295's are gone I'm going to switch to 315's.

IMG_4880.png
IMG_4881.png
IMG_4882.png
IMG_4883.png

They weigh in at 26lbs. Not great, not terrible. Meh
IMG_4884.png

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
On a positive note, these showed up today. Holley ran a stupid good sale on these that forced me to purchase immediately. They are Rocket Racing Attacks in 18 x 11. The plan is to move my 295's over to these and get some more street/track friendly tires for the 10.5's. When my 295's are gone I'm going to switch to 315's.

View attachment 78674
View attachment 78673
View attachment 78672
View attachment 78671

They weigh in at 26lbs. Not great, not terrible. Meh
View attachment 78670
That's a pretty dang good looking wheel right there....I wonder if they have them in 12" or better yet, 13"?
You get these off the Holley site?

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
That's a pretty dang good looking wheel right there....I wonder if they have them in 12" or better yet, 13"?
You get these off the Holley site?
Yes, they have 12’s too

@Fabman

Last edited:
Nice wheels! Finally graduated to the big boy stuff! 🤣

I have looked at those before. A local AutoX guy runs them on his truck and also sells them. My concerns were with weight. Seems like 26 is pretty heavy. Well, I guess not heavy...just heavier than other options out there. I went with the Konig Hypergram in the same size because I think they're about 20 pounds (though I haven't verified that personally, some sites say 19, some say 21 shipping weight, so 20 seems a reasonable estimate). And only $1300 for the set. I can't deny that the RR wheel looks purty tho.

Another wheel you might take a look at for the next set is the 18x12 Konig Heliogram. Only $1500-1600 for 4 and only 21.9 pounds according to Konig. I am a little concerned with how much spacer it would take to run it (+20mm is all I have seen) with struts and I'm not sure it would work, but I'll admit that my understanding/knowledge of wheel sizing and fitment is a little lacking.

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
Nice wheels! Finally graduated to the big boy stuff! 🤣

I have looked at those before. A local AutoX guy runs them on his truck and also sells them. My concerns were with weight. Seems like 26 is pretty heavy. Well, I guess not heavy...just heavier than other options out there. I went with the Konig Hypergram in the same size because I think they're about 20 pounds (though I haven't verified that personally, some sites say 19, some say 21 shipping weight, so 20 seems a reasonable estimate). And only $1300 for the set. I can't deny that the RR wheel looks purty tho.

Another wheel you might take a look at for the next set is the 18x12 Konig Heliogram. Only $1500-1600 for 4 and only 21.9 pounds according to Konig. I am a little concerned with how much spacer it would take to run it (+20mm is all I have seen) with struts and I'm not sure it would work, but I'll admit that my understanding/knowledge of wheel sizing and fitment is a little lacking.
Admittedly they are a touch heavy but I paid less than $500 for the whole set brand new so I'm not going to worry about a couple pounds.
IMG_4813.PNG

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
I've been running around non-stop for what feels like a month. Drill weekend, then two day autocross, then back to back track days on the bike. And some of the best weather in recent memory for it all.

Saturday, Kansas City Region Event #7. There was a combination of me having an off day and a course setup that I HATED. I hit 3 cones on one run. I finished #8 out of 88 in PAX and #11 of 88 RAW time. I didn't even bother pulling video off the GoPro for the day.
7 pax.JPG
7 raw.JPG

Sunday, Kansas City Region #8. Much better day. I think they designed the course for my car after complaining about the previous day.🤣 After heat 2 I was sitting in the top PAX spot. Jeff finally got past me in heat 3. I was thrilled either way. Over the last 4 events I've finished #4, #2, #8, and #2 in PAX with some phenomenal drivers in this region. I think it safe to say I've finally found the sweet spot in the car setup.

8 pax.JPG
8 raw.JPG

My hero run to grab #2 PAX.

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
Heading to Topeka in a couple hours for Track Night in America. It's already been a year since I had the car out on track which is depressing. Last time was also my first time with this car at Heartland and I ran a best of 1:58. I'm hoping I can at least get down into the low 1:50's this time around. We also get to find out how well the Denali tows a car.
IMG_5218.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors