The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

LTs with stock tune

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dabossinne said:
The OBD port is at the bottom of the dash to the left of the steering column, straight down from the light switch.

Thanks. I can't believe an engineer made it that simply and easy. The port was so obvious I nearly didn't see. I was looking around the kick panel until you said look right under the light switch. I'm going to start a new thread with some questions.

Video of Trackey Idle - Smoke Grenade

Video of my car idling this evening after a 15 minute aggressive drive. Its 2 degrees C outside, so about 35F. Car's exhaust is pretty much straight through with the no cats, LT headers, and over-axle pipes. Is this amount of smoke normal under a cold environment idle using the TracKey? Anyone else have this much smoke? Dont notice any weird smells, oil level is normal, and coolant is sitting an inch below cold fill range, and has been for a while.

P.S. I think it sounds totally awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XjnrwuGqRsE

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Re: Video of Trackey Idle - Smoke Grenade

sadil said:
Video of my car idling this evening after a 15 minute aggressive drive. Its 2 degrees C outside, so about 35F. Car's exhaust is pretty much straight through with the no cats, LT headers, and over-axle pipes. Is this amount of smoke normal under a cold environment idle using the TracKey? Anyone else have this much smoke? Dont notice any weird smells, oil level is normal, and coolant is sitting an inch below cold fill range, and has been for a while.

P.S. I think it sounds totally awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XjnrwuGqRsE
thats not smoke. thats water vapor nothing to worry about.

Justin

PeteInCT said:
Condensation after a 15 minute aggressive drive? Maybe....
below 60 I get the condensation smoke all the time at idle.

also he stated it had no smell.

try putting your hand up to the exhaust exit. if your hand gets damp its water vapor. if its oil it would smell like burning oil if its coolant it would have a sweet smell to it.

Yea, I have tried placing my hand in the exhaust air and it gets coated in water vapour and has a gas-ish smell to it. Don't smell anything out of the ordinary, then again I don't entirely know what to expect. I thought oil burning or coolant smell would be striking.

Justin

sadil said:
Yea, I have tried placing my hand in the exhaust air and it gets coated in water vapour and has a gas-ish smell to it. Don't smell anything out of the ordinary, then again I don't entirely know what to expect. I thought oil burning or coolant smell would be striking.
oh you would know if you were burning coolant its easy to smell. and oil smoke is typically blueish in color and is easy to smell as well.

gas ish smell and water on your hand....perfectly normal

TMO Supporting Vendors