The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lug Nuts and Socket for Stock and Aftermarket Wheels on the S550

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bumpity bump bump.

So what locking lug nuts are available for a 350R with aftermarket wheels? I'd hate to park somewhere and come back to find my wheels missing!

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Bulgaria
Re: Lug Nuts for Stock and Aftermarket Wheels on the S550

@Moto has sourced the correct lug nut and I purchased one form my local NAPA Auto Parts to confirm that it fits the N4SM R Spec wheels. He found them on ebay at a reasonable price. I'm sure Ford Performance will have some available soon but these have a much larger seat/cone than the tuner luts I purchased from Summit. Dorman 611-257 is the part number. The one on the right is the correct one.

@VoodooBoss based on this post I bought Dorman 611-257 but looks like they are not right for the GT Studs:

IMG_7947.jpeg

They still have like 2 rows of thread left ... :( I guess you are with GT350 and Studs are longer ?

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I think most people put the long ARP high strength studs in. Not a huge job and adds a pretty good margin of safety, you will for sure have full thread engagement plus some. Yeah, they stick out, but aesthetics are secondary to safety in a track day car.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Bulgaria
I think most people put the long ARP high strength studs in. Not a huge job and adds a pretty good margin of safety, you will for sure have full thread engagement plus some. Yeah, they stick out, but aesthetics are secondary to safety in a track day car.

I don't want to go the longer studs route will just order the right size wheel lug nuts from Dorman or get back to OEM ones for now. Problem is my OEM ones are gone gone so will need new one oredered Dorman 611-257 based on this tread but looks like they are only for extended length studs :(.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Bulgaria
If you don't want a longer stud, at least look for a stronger stud. Track use is hard on studs.
At the moment I'm replacing my wheel hubs often enough to not worry about the studs though maybe a good idea to go with longer ARP ones will think about it. At the moment more concerned with not having lug nuts that work ... In Europe usually take like a few weeks for parts to arrive :(

TMO Supporting Vendors