The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lug nuts for 350R and N4S (Project 6) wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am entertaining the idea of buying a set of the Project 6 wheels, and they told me that - because the studs on the R are longer than the non-R cars, they recommend using open-ended lug nuts. However, I don't like this look and am trying to figure out the "stacking" option - using a close-ended lug on top of the open-ended one for each stud.

There is a thread on a similar subject, but I could not find the exact answer. I'd like to find a set of black lug nuts that would go on top of the open-ended ones that fit the N4S wheels.

All answers are welcome...

M

I have the R and use the stacking option on the front. I posted this on the 6gr thread a while back. I use the long 2" closed truck black lugs and they work good on the rear and stack on top of the open lugs on the front with a good look. I only torque them to about 30ish lbs and they don't loosen at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks @moto
Can you send link or description to the lugs that work for the NFS in R Spec for the R? I was really hoping to use these on the track but here they could rub, so maybe just great street wheels and use the Carbons on track.

Actually just looked that link up and those things are long- presumably you may not need the two lug nut concept up front if you went with these? How about the back- are you using these back ere as well, or something shorter?

Just had these bad boys installed on the R. You DO need to stack for the front, these studs are loooong. In the rear, the long nuts alone work. The front and the rear in the photos.0d8ca4ae1a05cac9e4853efb1a0cac02.jpge85c84fabaca8c5f75a7b4ab6305938f.jpg

Just had these bad boys installed on the R. You DO need to stack for the front, these studs are loooong. In the rear, the long nuts alone work. The front and the rear in the photos.0d8ca4ae1a05cac9e4853efb1a0cac02.jpge85c84fabaca8c5f75a7b4ab6305938f.jpg

Yes. This is correct. The long front studs stick through about 3" so no closed lugs will work. The back stick through about 1 3/4".
That should answer your question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so long ones work front and back but you also have to use additional lug nuts in the front and stack. My NFS wheels came with lugs I'm told so hopefully open so I can still use in front along with these longer lugs.

Thanks TMO!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel