The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

LURKERS STEP INSIDE!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I been noticing a bunch of lurkers on the board recently and had an idea. How about a thread where we get these folks to say hi. Seriously, registration takes about 2 minutes and you get to participate, ask questions, post pictures etc. DO IT!

Let's see if we can get 100 lurkers out of the shadows. So lurkers you now have a mission. Click the "Register" button, invest the 2 minutes to sign up, and then make a post in this thread! You now have a perfect excuse to introduce yourself. If you own a Boss make sure to say so and if not you can tell us you enjoy long walks on the beach or whatever ;D

Hey!
I read the forum all the time, guess it was time to register. Im the owner of Boss#1683, Its awesome, but everyone already knows that. Over New Years me and my dad are planning to drive my Boss from Atlanta to Los Angeles, where I live. Love reading the forum, always great info.
Here's my car:

6556793023_e9c2a1d5a4_m.jpg
photo by cgd45, on Flickr

Hi,
I just registered over the weekend and as long as you are looking for an introduction... I have picked up a couple of Ford products over the last few years, so I am somewhat of a recent convert. I have a 1970 Merc with a 428PI and one of the 82 CHP Mustangs. I am hoping to to get my financial house in order to be able to pull off a 2013 LS, also hoping that by the time that I am ready the markup shenanigans will have passed . A friend of mine does NASA weekends and similar things and I think that I would enjoy that. I am just imagining what a trip around Road America would be like. :D

BOSS1683 said:
Hey!
I read the forum all the time, guess it was time to register. Im the owner of Boss#1683, Its awesome, but everyone already knows that. Over New Years me and my dad are planning to drive my Boss from Atlanta to Los Angeles, where I live. Love reading the forum, always great info.
Here's my car:

Nice color/stripe choice! Of course I'm slightly biased.

b7dd42f3.jpg

BOSS1683 said:
Hey!
Here's my car:

Welcome to BMO. The white stripes on RR look fantastic.

Welcome to BMO all of you! :D For the person dreaming of Road America, join us at GT Track Days next June. I'll be getting onto RA for the first time myself. A lot of my Vette buddies go to this event every year and are going again this year. I can't believe how many track days I've done over the years and never made RA, but it's a bit of a haul. 9 hours for me but oh well. At least it's a 2 day event.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/GT-Track-Days/288398707258

Guilty as charged. I've been "lurking" for some time now as well. I'm am a proud owner of a Performance White 2012 Boss 302. Number 2038. This is my first Mustang and my first American car. I'm a novice when it comes to Mustangs and I hope to learn a lot from this site. ;D

BLAZN BOSS

Nice2BEtheBOSS said:
Guilty as charged. I've been "lurking" for some time now as well. I'm am a proud owner of a Performance White 2012 Boss 302. Number 2038. This is my first Mustang and my first American car. I'm a novice when it comes to Mustangs and I hope to learn a lot from this site. ;D
Well youve made a Big step in the right direction............basically your first car and its a Mustang and the best one built. Congrats!!!!

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
Road America is worth the drive, 1450 miles in my case ;). I would also reccommend Nord Stern PCA for RA. Great group and only about 35 cars per run group ;D.

Peter

Good point. I run with Nordstern 3 times a year up at BIR and do really like their club. In fact, my avatar is from an event with them. I will just have to see what dates work best. Good chance I'd do both :)

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
The only thing better than 2 days @ RA is 4 days @ RA. Definently 1 of my favorite tracks and right up there with VIR, Mid Ohio, Sebring and Hallett.

Peter

BLAZN BOSS said:
Nice2BEtheBOSS said:
Well youve made a Big step in the right direction............basically your first car and its a Mustang and the best one built. Congrats!!!!
Thanks Blazn! =)

GA
OLOABoss said:
The only thing better than 2 days @ RA is 4 days @ RA. Definently 1 of my favorite tracks and right up there with VIR, Mid Ohio, Sebring and Hallett.

Peter

+1 on Road Atlanta. Hopefully Atlanta Motorsports Park will be ready this spring since that looks like a blast too. I also like CMP in Kershaw. VIR is on my list for this year. I hope the Mayans are wrong because I still have a lot of tracks to try out. ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors