The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

M-2353-A ABS module, lights dash? (Vs b vs c

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
I've seen threads all about the m-2353 series. Ive seen the ba and ca model are available and light up your dash like a Christmas tree, whole 2353-b and c just leave the traction control light on.

What about the FR500-S module from earlier cars? M-2353-a? Does anyone have experience with it in later cars, and/or does it screw with your dash lights to make it look like a christmas tree?

ABS modules are calibrated to F/R Brake bias (F/R Rotor diameter and caliper piston size). Not sure what brakes were on the 500S, but for an S197 the last generation 302S/R ABS is the best by far. It will turn on multiple lights on the dash, but will provide the best braking, without the risk of ever activating stability or traction control.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I've had the ABS module for many months now and within the next week or so, I'll be putting on the -CA version on my '12 Boss after reading about this subject to death.

I've heard varying results on the dash lights but Black Boss is correct in that the consensus regarding the braking has been very positive.

Would the ABS lights on the dash be something that could be cured using ForScan? I have just started to dive into this program and it is pretty incredible. Does anyone have a Boss302S/R that we could look at the As Built data and possibly find a way to fix this issue?

TMO Supporting Vendors