The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

M-3200-EPAS steering rack-Wow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo said:
Definitely go for the front LCA change with raised ball joint if you are lowered. My front end has almost all the old mush taken out of it and feels much more planted. Hopefully Boss cars don't have an issue with the stiffer bushings like my '11 car did. BTW the shake was on track only, on the street it never was evident.
Steve
After the failed ABS module install tonight I forgot to turn off AdvanceTrac. Wow the factory steering is loose and vague! I never drive with AdvanceTrac on so I didn't realize how much better the car feels in sport mode. I would hate to try and drive on the track without it.

captdistraction said:
There's definitely some interesting stuff with the casting, looks like a different pressed in bushing than my stocker, and the part of the housing near the shaft connection has a lot of grinding on it.

Trying very hard to wait till the weekend to install. Should give in before Thursday I imagine:

1237908_10151858542621217_1932549952_n.jpg

Shown with Steeda bumpsteer kit

nice. is this the m3200 or the boss unit?

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Grant 302 said:
For the 2011 GT owners...did you have the shimmy problem in Sport Mode or with TC off? What is your build month?

Shimmy in all modes for me on track only. At street speeds no issue. Started on track under high g not necessarily high speeds. Tried TC/Advance on, no different, Sport mode no different, VISA card/$1000: Fixed :mad: ;D
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel