The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

M/T Street Comp. Radial

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am running them in stock sizes. Very quiet and nice ride. Grip is comparable to the Pirellis. and I can get the car to hook on the street on "grippy" road surface. I have not tracked the car and do not drive in the rain so I cannot comment on those aspects. I am still breaking in the car so I have not pushed things too much. Early opinions are that they are a great value for the price. Might be the best bang for the buck in UHP tires.

DSCN0243.jpg

DSCN0240.jpg

Does anyone know who makes this tire for MT?

Anyone know if these would be a good track tire that would last a decent amount of time? My pirrellis have been good but started chunking on the last track day.
I don't mind giving up a little bit of grip, compared to an NT05 or hankook RS3. I'm just looking for something i can drive to the track on and not have to worry about much.

BOSS5OH said:
Anyone know if these would be a good track tire that would last a decent amount of time? My pirrellis have been good but started chunking on the last track day.
I don't mind giving up a little bit of grip, compared to an NT05 or hankook RS3. I'm just looking for something i can drive to the track on and not have to worry about much.
For street/track tires I'd look at Michelin PSS or Yokohama AD08's in 265/35/19 and 295/30/19 sizes.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
ArizonaGT said:
I cannot believe this tire is anywhere near the performance of the stock Pirellis, with the M/T treadwear rating of 300.
over the years I have had tires with various tread wear ratings.....just cause one tire has a lower value doesnt mean it will be better it just means it wont last as long. I have had tires with higher ratings hook better than tires with lower and vice versa. what matters is what it does in the real world. thats why I go with direct reviews like "better than the factory tires" as an example. take it for what it is a tread wear rating its not a grip rating

I am sure there are race tires with close to the same tread wear rating and one may suck to hell and the other is great. I know it to be true with drag radials....

Justin is 100% correct. Lots of factors other than tread wear ratings dictate the grip.

The tread wear ratings are also an area that manufacturers have a lot of freedom. Many manufacturers advertise lower ratings than actual because consumers that are targeted assume the lower the rating the better the grip. A manufacturer can not advertise a rating better than actual, but they can advertise a worse rating. Not saying that the actual rating of the P-Zero is 300 or higher, but it could be.

Wear ratings on performance tires are also a way of manipulating the rules for track/ax classes, like how so many really sticky tires are 100 when they probably should be around 40. Kind of like how they used to underrate hp for insurance reasons, and have "seats" in the back of 911s

TMO Supporting Vendors