The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Gen1 Mach 1 Build Thread Profile - Gen 1 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
Very nice...swap in some Bilstein Sport tuned shocks for those KYB's and you'll enjoy the "date night" much more. Couple of other easy mods while you're changing the shocks that will make it much more enjoyable are roller spring perches from ORP and performing the Arning "Shelby" UCA drop. Personally, I would also install heim joint adjustable strut rods, but like everything else...these things tend to snowball.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Greenbrier, TN
Very nice...swap in some Bilstein Sport tuned shocks for those KYB's and you'll enjoy the "date night" much more. Couple of other easy mods while you're changing the shocks that will make it much more enjoyable are roller spring perches from ORP and performing the Arning "Shelby" UCA drop. Personally, I would also install heim joint adjustable strut rods, but like everything else...these things tend to snowball.

Nice! Thanks Pat. It's all I can do to keep from tracking this car. Especially when I look at all the Trans-Am mustangs from back in '71.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Greenbrier, TN
I can only imagine the challenge of trying not to listen to the devil on your shoulder, pressuring you to track that thing
Hey I never said track it. Although I won’t discourage it… 😈
my mom warned me about your type, always leading naive morons like me down a dark path of worn slicks and discarded piles of perfectly good oem parts 🙈

TMO Supporting Vendors