The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mach-E GT pricing starts at $61k

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA

1619538111599.png

And the 'Performance Edition' (600 lb-ft and the Performance Edition has 634 lb-ft) will come in at $66,000.

"Ford says the Mach-E GT is designed for track use, too, with a specific mode designed to help drivers run consistent lap times and stability control settings that allow for drifts."
🤘

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Boone NC
What a waste.
The track mode is a good theory but I wonder how many laps it can do on a charge? When C&D tested the Porsche Taycan "Turbo" at VIR I think it could only do one or two hot laps before the battery needed recharging, which took over four hours. What a frustrating track weekend that would be!! But at least it would be green. ;)

Ford is royally p****** me off, trying to pass off this thing as a Mustang, for starters, it's bad enough Ford is going to run away from the domestic car market, and give it all to imports, while only building SUVs, but trying to pass this off as a Mustang is just insane. Give it up already, if you want to run away from the domestic market with your tail between your legs (I wonder what Henry Ford would think? the guy that put America on wheels) that's bad enough, but please don't try to turn the Donk E into a Mustang, you've killed it, just bury it and move on.
I never thought I'd see the day Ford turned tail and ran, maybe their management needs to buy some rags, they could soak them in kerosene, and tie them around their ankles so the ants can't crawl up and bite their candy ***es.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Ford is going to run away from the domestic car market, and give it all to imports, while only building SUVs
I understand your feelings on this, I share many of the same thoughts. BUT, when I talk to Ford salesmen who I have known for 20+ years they say Ford went no where, the customers did. Selling one or two none mustang cars in a month was a good sales month. No one, especially urban soccer moms want a sedan. My wife, the same. Now if you tried to take her Mustang GT, she would shot you dead in the driveway. BTW, its parked next to her Explorer.

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
No one talks about the elephant in the room. When you look at cost of ownership there isn't a huge difference over the first 5 years between an EV and GT. I tend to keep vehicles for the long haul and ford has listed a replacement battery cost of $22,000 for the Mach E !!!
I'm out.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
ford has listed a replacement battery cost of $22,000 for the Mach E !!!
Ouch. Any indication to life cycle?? That's a tough pill to swallow. Its like replacing the motor with a 5.2 aluminator.
Although I may be able to use this knowledge when trying to convince my better half that the boss really does need a new 5.2. After all, its cheaper. :oops: :rolleyes: Wish me luck.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Ouch. Any indication to life cycle?? That's a tough pill to swallow. Its like replacing the motor with a 5.2 aluminator.
Although I may be able to use this knowledge when trying to convince my better half that the boss really does need a new 5.2. After all, its cheaper. :oops: :rolleyes: Wish me luck.

Sounds like a good opportunity to Coyote swap it. I'd consider an Aluminator-powered "Mustang" SUV, and by I, I mean my wife, who would probably murder someone (me) to get her hands on it.

I understand your feelings on this, I share many of the same thoughts. BUT, when I talk to Ford salesmen who I have known for 20+ years they say Ford went no where, the customers did. Selling one or two none mustang cars in a month was a good sales month. No one, especially urban soccer moms want a sedan. My wife, the same. Now if you tried to take her Mustang GT, she would shot you dead in the driveway. BTW, its parked next to her Explorer.
There had to be a reason for it, lack of innovation? Lack of marketing?, quality?
You cant give up half the market and think you can save the other half, they'll be run out of the truck/ suv market next.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Blacksheep,

No offense my friend, but I have to agree with TMS here, as having had contact with some Performance folks with various Manufacturers over the past 30+ years I can tell you with complete certainty it is the consumer dictating what Ford, GM , Chrysler ( Stellantis ) builds and many Executives /Engineers/ Workers are just as frustrated as you are. When cars just sit on the lots and folks are gravitating to trucks and SUVs what is a business to do, continue to build what does not sell ? To Ford's credit they are still coming up with fun stuff , from Raptors, Explorer STs, to Mustangs and yes, even the Mach E GT. The regular bean counters just want plebeian stuff and there were Engineers pushing hard to make sure there was a Performance EV for the Gearhead crowd. Not seen as a triumph by many , but it was a small fight and there are many still working to win the battles for those wanting fun vehicles.

Look at Chrysler, which discontinued virtually all their cars, though they will get some back with Stellantis , and of course they have others with the Alfa, Fiat, Maserati brands with the initial merger with Fiat years back. But their cars were languishing and why build something that only sold with hefty rebates. The example of what forges along is the Charger and Challenger with their ages old platforms , updated quite successfully , and some Monster motors stuffed in them. It has worked because they have a severe Gearhead ( Tim Kuniskis ) at the helm for all automotive machines in the US.

Come to the Mustang Roundup, some year , and chat with the Ford Engineers and see how they want Performance to live and they understand the focus of the V8 Mustang and they are very, very aware it is the #1 Sports Coupe/Car in the World --- something I think , we as owners sometime forget. There are many at Ford who appreciate that and want to continue their dominance , which is good for us.

All of these companies have not forgotten us, we are the niche market that drives passion to so many other models , but the majority of buyers are purchasing trucks, SUVs, etc. You build what the consumer wants to make a profit in your commodity, and right now those are the areas of major interest. This is also the reason, though, that I do not think we will see the EV machines take over as soon as predicted , the consumer will make the decision and just like decades back when everyone thought they needed a small car, right now the market dictates buyers want trucks, trucks, and more trucks. Not surprisingly a SUV is listed by many Manufacturers in the truck category for their Marketing numbers and analysis.

There are many top Executives that are very Pro Performance , understand the Marketing Push, but do have to follow what will be purchased. Right now it makes no sense to build vehicles folks won't buy, in Plants that can't stay busy, because there is no demand. There really are many Ford folks on our side , realizing we have always been the smaller group of buyers with Performance Vehicles , but they do realize we are the influencers.

TMO Supporting Vendors