The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Mach My Day! Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Surprisingly it is often the simplest things that help one go faster, but these are often the last thing many upgrade ( tires and brakes ). This can often mean just better rotors and pads and wider wheels and tires, but plenty of info and research can be found on TMO.

PS - if you know anyone looking for a pristine Mach 1, mine silver bullet is currently for Sale and I hope to get it to a Trackrat, as they would appreciate all the stuff done.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Surprisingly it is often the simplest things that help one go faster, but these are often the last thing many upgrade ( tires and brakes ). This can often mean just better rotors and pads and wider wheels and tires, but plenty of info and research can be found on TMO.

PS - if you know anyone looking for a pristine Mach 1, mine silver bullet is currently for Sale and I hope to get it to a Trackrat, as they would appreciate all the stuff done.
Hey Bill, so selling the mach1 to move on to something else ? Yes, whoever procures your silver mach is going to get one fine track beast.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Hoping it will go to a Trackrat, but I do need to get it to the Dealership in June or early July as they want to be able to sell during the Summer and if I have to go that route the rear seat will be back in , the extra wheels will be sold , along with some other options. We are a unique breed ( Road Course Racers and Autocrossers ), folks on TMO all play with their Mustangs, but having been in the auto business for 30 years before I retired, I know 90% of buyers never take their car to the track or autocross so a lot of the things I did will not really affect the price of the car. They ( the Dealer ) actually want to price it higher than I am currently asking because it is a Handling Package. Ironic to me as they tell me folks want it for the bigger tires and wheels and no mention of it's solid track capabilities ------ pretty typical comment though.

But if sold reasonably soon ( still going through the Dealer for sales tax advantage for me ) I will pass most of the stuff on to the buyer. I have seen some of my past cars on track since they went to racers and it is pretty cool for me. My 08 Viper ACR was at Indianapolis for a Viper Track Event which I announced and it was pretty cool to see it win it's Class in the Time Trials and get 2nd overall on the second day of the event ( Sunday ).

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Hoping it will go to a Trackrat, but I do need to get it to the Dealership in June or early July as they want to be able to sell during the Summer and if I have to go that route the rear seat will be back in , the extra wheels will be sold , along with some other options. We are a unique breed ( Road Course Racers and Autocrossers ), folks on TMO all play with their Mustangs, but having been in the auto business for 30 years before I retired, I know 90% of buyers never take their car to the track or autocross so a lot of the things I did will not really affect the price of the car. They ( the Dealer ) actually want to price it higher than I am currently asking because it is a Handling Package. Ironic to me as they tell me folks want it for the bigger tires and wheels and no mention of it's solid track capabilities ------ pretty typical comment though.

But if sold reasonably soon ( still going through the Dealer for sales tax advantage for me ) I will pass most of the stuff on to the buyer. I have seen some of my past cars on track since they went to racers and it is pretty cool for me. My 08 Viper ACR was at Indianapolis for a Viper Track Event which I announced and it was pretty cool to see it win it's Class in the Time Trials and get 2nd overall on the second day of the event ( Sunday ).
Hope you can get the Mach 1 to a track enthusiast as that’s where your car belongs, on the track doing its intended purpose, especially with all the mods and upgrades that it has. As far as the handling package that came on our car, it was the primary reason to buy it, for the track along with the cloth Recaro seats which are manual adjust and no heat/cool extra weight “options”. If you were to pass it along to a track rat, then maybe it would follow suit with your other past cars and you could keep tabs on it, that would be cool !! Hoping it all works out for you Bill !!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well, it sold quite a bit back, but it was one of the best Mustangs I have ever had. Solid, no issues, always ran cool, did not use a drop of oil, rear end fluid looked super clean even though out of habit I changed it twice, and the g's I was able to attain with so little work ----- just maxed out factory camber plate adjustments , and stuck on some sticky rubber.

TMO Supporting Vendors