The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Made my day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzyzx

Steve
Great stories, guys! I have a few of my own and it's always great to see so many people enjoy the Boss. Especially the little ones...

Had two older kids, one with gray hair and the other one bald, stop by the other day in a Vette. They were really interested in the Boss and asked if it really ran as well as it looked. :)

Kids always seem to love the Boss. My kids light up when I pick them up from school. They love riding in "daddys race car" They walk slow so all their freinds get a chance to see it lol..

I once had 2 kids run across the street to the median to get a picture of it while I was at a stop light. I was afraid they were going to get run over.

While parking at my sons soccer game, I over heard a young girl ask her mom. "Can WE get one of those cars?!!"

Good times!

This past weekend I had the following happen to me:

A woman crossing the street in front of me stops, looks at the Boss and smiles, and make a claw like gesture at me.

These cars draw a lot of attention - it seems like every time I go for a cruise in the Boss I come home with a story to tell.

The Boss is fun to cruise in, I have the only one in town and have become an instant celebrity whenever I go out in it. People stop and look everywhere I go. It is kinda fun. Even the guys at the local ford dealer come out and drool on it when I stop in and they have a blue one on the lot. Love the RR.

I pinch myself every day just to be sure I'm not dreaming about owning such an awesome car.We all are very lucky people.We have history makers.Enjoy them.

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
slmustangz said:
I pinch myself every day just to be sure I'm not dreaming about owning such an awesome car.We all are very lucky people.We have history makers.Enjoy them.

We few, we happy few... have the priviledge to be owners of a piece of history...

We sit where others dream to be... 8)

I have not found many people who don't really admire the cars...
(Even some of the Chevy and import tuner crowd)

Never miss the opportunity to inspire the next generation...
Besides, that is how we ended up here...

jneary said:
So, there was a Ford ad that had Mustangs going down the street with various people looking at them as they went. There was one part of the ad where a little girl was looking at a Mustang and it turns into a GHIG Boss (theoretically dreaming about her Mustang). It is funny to see little kids that look at my car and have that same look like (WOW, I sure would love to have that!). I always laugh when I look at it too and think to myself that this is the closest a REAL car has gotten to a Hot Wheels car from my childhood. The Boss is a real world Hot Wheel!!! Now, I just need the road to work to turn orange and I am there!!!

John
The car was originally GTHIG, then when the girl looked at it, it turned to pink. Then on to black.

jneuman said:
This past weekend I had the following happen to me:

A woman crossing the street in front of me stops, looks at the Boss and smiles, and make a claw like gesture at me.

These cars draw a lot of attention - it seems like every time I go for a cruise in the Boss I come home with a story to tell.
Took this car to spring break and the ladies flocked around it. If i didn't have a girlfriend it would have been the perfect car to pick up chicks in

So I was vaccuuming the BOSS today before work, and this older man was walking by with his wife and he came up to me and said he has seen my car around and just had to come and ask about it. We talked about it for about 45mins and said he can't wait to see it again this weekend at our anual car show. This is pretty cool if you ask me.

I must live in the wrong area...had mine for almost a year and not even a thumbs up or a "hey nice car". Entered it in one car show and got beat in the 2011-2013 stock mustang class by a 2011 GT convertible...maroon. You would think I'm driving a Toyota Prius. I really don't care because it puts a smile on my face which is what matters most, but it gets zero respect.

cbj5259 said:
I must live in the wrong area...had mine for almost a year and not even a thumbs up or a "hey nice car". Entered it in one car show and got beat in the 2011-2013 stock mustang class by a 2011 GT convertible...maroon. You would think I'm driving a Toyota Prius. I really don't care because it puts a smile on my face which is what matters most, but it gets zero respect.
wow. where do you live?? I just about get a thumbs up or Nod or something everywhere I go. My wife still shakes her head and says "I don't get it" its just a mustang.......

302BOB said:
cbj5259 must have the special limited limited Rodney Dangerfield edition Boss 302. ;D

Haha...it gets respect from me, that's all that matters. To answer the other question I live just north of Philly in Bucks County Pa. I can't tell if people are just "car dumb" around here or if there is so much money they are just "car snobs" and since its not a lambo or Ferrari they don't care? The only time anyone ever asked about the car they asked why I bought this instead of a 2013 GT500...I told them because I wanted this and not a GT500. I could drive around for 10 minutes on a nice Saturday afternoon and see a half dozen Shelby's or I could have this and be part if a much more select group. I'm just glad everyone on here appreciates their cars! ;D

I hear a lot of 'nice car!' shouts when I have the windows down, mostly from kids.

Gas stations are where I get the walk-ups. Lots of stories about Mustangs these complete strangers have had and regret selling. ALL of them knew about the Boss, how fast and limited-production it is, etc. The Boss fan club is way larger than the number of owners, that's for sure.

My favorite comments come from the wife - she is thrilled we have the car, after initially just tolerating the idea. She likes driving it and feels as lucky to own one as I do. Drove it thru a very ritzy part of town, where exotics are the norm. Says she "this is the hottest car around!" I grin and nod, knowing I'm very lucky x 2.

So a 2012 CO Boss shows up to our autox. My then 13 year old daughter Kendall is beside herself. So I go up to the Driver (Shane McGlaun) and ask "I know you are getting a lot of request for a ride, but mine is for my daughter, she is beside herself and so in love with Boss 302s. Shane agrees and from then on all I hear is Boss 302, dad we have to get one! Who am I not honor her request? So six months later as a late Christmas present to myself and Kendall I purchase a 2012 Boss. The 2013 is entirely my fault, so the wife is not near as understanding of my trading the 2012 for a 2013. Kendall will get her learners permit very soon and we have already started drivers training in the Boss of course.

BTW, its great to here all the stories!

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
colticus said:
The car was originally GTHIG, then when the girl looked at it, it turned to pink. Then on to black.

One of my favorite commercials. Does anyone know the song name? That would be a good song to listen to while cruising in The Boss
Brian

[youtube]http://youtu.be/HiyhXf_KVc0[/youtube]

batman48195 said:
One of my favorite commercials. Does anyone know the song name? That would be a good song to listen to while cruising in The Boss
Brian

I used sound hound app on my smart phone to find the song.
How It Starts by the Features.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel