The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Made my day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So my wife and I are eating dinner, and two young (maybe 11-12years old) boys knock at the door! My 122lb American Bulldog races to the door growling and snarling, and they still knock again. So I answere the door and they ask really politely "can you start your BOSS for us and rev it up please?". We seen it yesterday and had to hear it roaring. So of course I go outside and fire it up and hear wwwwwooooowww! Then they ask if they can record it on thier cell phone. Of course I rev it up again and their faces were smiles from ear to ear.
Like I said, made my day!

Cool, you should have offered them rides and you'd have friends for life!

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: Made my day!

NFSBOSS said:
Cool, you should have offered them rides and you'd have friends for life!
Agree, should have told them to have parents permission or a phone call from them and offered a ride.
That's what I miss, when I was young it seemed like there were many kids like myself that were car type. Nowadays it seems there nowhere around.

My 6 year old nephew called me on his moms phone to come pick him up in the boss before school ends because apparently on of the other kids dad has a camaro and they love it. And I couldn't make this up he said uncle john there is this dad and he has a camaro amd they all say its awesome but I keep telling them its slow and my uncles boss will beat it in a race so please come show them. I could not have been more proud haha

Would have told them yup, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, my lawn is looking like it needs mowing first....and don't forget to edge.

Dave

A friend of my Boss comes in all the time to pick my brains for his 69 Camaro convertible resto project. His 10 year old told him he really liked Mustangs. So he tells him he knows someone that has a Boss 302. He said his sons eyes got real wide and he asked " can I see it?" He brought him to my work one day to see the car. Him and his sister were all wide eyed and asking questions. Tim said it was ok for them to go for a ride so I took them for a little sprint. They both had huge smiles, thanked me politely. Tim and I laughed about it. He said they never stopped talking about it all the way home.

Good times for little ones, they will remember it.

jfolsom28 said:
My 6 year old nephew called me on his moms phone to come pick him up in the boss before school ends because apparently on of the other kids dad has a camaro and they love it. And I couldn't make this up he said uncle john there is this dad and he has a camaro amd they all say its awesome but I keep telling them its slow and my uncles boss will beat it in a race so please come show them. I could not have been more proud haha

Did you do it?

My 3 year old grandson already knows mustangs & ask's me all the time to go for a ride in the boss.He says,go,go,go Pap.Everytime I give it a little gas he gets a big smile & laughs.He tells everyone pap has a fast mustang boss 302.Sounds much better when he says it.Gotta love this.He will get the oppertunity to grow up around this car and my other 70 Boss 302 & 70 Mach 1.

Bay Area
Reminds me of the day I saw a father and his daughter and son walking towards my Boss. I thought he wanted to talk to me about the car but the 4 year old girl was yelling as she walked closer that she likes my Boss 302 Mustang. I didnt hear her so she walked all the way up to the car and yelled "I like you Boss 302 Mustang" to make sure I heard her.

My two year old begs me for rides in "Yellow Car" every time I take him out to go somewhere. The first time he got a ride in the car, I was getting on a highway where there is basically no on ramp. I floored it, redlined through 1st and second and ran through a good part of third. Through that whole thing he was in the back yelling "FUN CAR FUN CAR FUN CAR!!!". Now he just screams "BOSS ON BOSS ON BOSS ON" whenever he wants me to floor it, which is like all the time.

These cars have the same affect on older people too,I took my father in law for about an hour long ride,he is in his late 80's,you couldn't wipe the smile off his face.He was transformed back to his younger days.I have been married to his daughter for 29 years,I had a 70 Mach 1 when I first was dating her,428 SCJ and he liked to ride in that too.

My 3 year old twins know it as dada's blue race car. The one year old just says dada car. I've got three up and comers for the car gene and hopefully some heel toe shifting lessons ( in another car)

Eying this for my 8 month old grandson when I'm allowed to give him a ride in the Boss...gotta keep up with Grampa's seat...

http://www.amazon.com/Recaro-ProRIDE-Convertible-Seat-Blue/dp/B003IT4YAM

I went for a short drive a month or so ago. I passed by a blue Mustang and he follows me back to my subdivision. We both get out of our cars and this guy is genuinely envious of my 2013 Boss and he is driving a 2013 500 GT. We talked cars for an hour and then he gives me a ride on top of it. Those things are quick when they hook up! Anyway, he was a real cool guy and said he would have bought a Boss if they came in a soft top. Quite a compliment to our cars!

I have a 5-year old niece who I only get to see every 3-6 months depending on the season. Just last weekend we had to return to my hometown for a family wedding and my brother asked her if she knew who was coming home. Her reply was priceless because not only did she know how many it was until the weekend but she said:

"Uncle and the Mustang!"

Needless to say, she was disappointed when I didn't bring the BOSS because the weather didn't look favorable but my wife gave her a hard time for "forgetting" her when asked who was coming home.....LOL

Had a young driver (couldn't tell if he was in his teens or early twenties) pull up next to me at a stop light in his parents' Escalade. He rolled down the window and asked if I could rev it. Said his dad had a 94 SVT and he loves the Bosses, but had never seen one. I obliged.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
So, there was a Ford ad that had Mustangs going down the street with various people looking at them as they went. There was one part of the ad where a little girl was looking at a Mustang and it turns into a GHIG Boss (theoretically dreaming about her Mustang). It is funny to see little kids that look at my car and have that same look like (WOW, I sure would love to have that!). I always laugh when I look at it too and think to myself that this is the closest a REAL car has gotten to a Hot Wheels car from my childhood. The Boss is a real world Hot Wheel!!! Now, I just need the road to work to turn orange and I am there!!!

John

Great stories guys. These cars are more than just cars to us and many people obviously. I am a manager at our Walmart and I park it in the same spot every shift, and when I go outside to have a smoke, there are always people either looking at it, taking pictures of it or parking their pride and joy beside mine for a picture. The best is always when a man with his small boy walks by it and the little one points at it and says look at that race car. Then the father says something like yea, its real nice, then they get into their minivan or a Dodge pickup and he looks like he's going to cry or something.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel