The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Madly racing to get Madhatter to the races!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Heh, your friends in the Northern Hemisphere have not heard the latest status and you have a race in two weeks or less , so........................what be happening? Have you given your friends the Chile shoulder, as we need to know if all your hard work and insane shipping fees are going to pay off? Wishing you the best, but we all need an update?

Go Mad Hatter!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Tim at Optimum Performance helped get my MOJO back with a set of S550 Bullit calipers etc.... Trying out the Gloc-18 pads as well. Thanks to Tim, quite a few of the local S197 and S550 cars down here are are getting great brakes. Still have a shot at keeping my championship but will be decided in the season finally, the 3 hour enduro. Car is getting Trackspec grills on the hood and much better cooling.... Not to mention at least 50lbs less weight. Will be improving the front splitter and thinking about a wing for the end of the year. It never ends!!!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks for the update and kudos to Tim at OP for the brake help ---you will like the 18s, I have personally used them. Now get back to the jigsaw puzzle , we need another Championship!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
This goes under the heading of , " Honey they don't make the little spoiler I used to have , anymore, so I had to get this bigass wing, as you like to call it?"

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Well the car is coming along.. supposed to have it running on Thursday and race practice starts on Friday and racing Saturday.... Yes, I am nervous.....

The Boss valence and splitter will not make it in time, Racing the car with out one would be OK?? I only have the stock Boss rear aero setup... Need the points!!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
TMS has a great idea , and we actually made a bunch of splitters for racing Vipers , many years back, out of marine grade plywood. Carbon Fiber was in it's infancy and the price was triple what it is now, and after shattering one at the track , Bob Woodhouse started making them out of plywood. We ended up selling others these splitters and the cost savings still exist today -- just not as dramatic.

PS - super excited to see you are making practice this weekend and we all look forward to hearing your progress?!

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
YEs! want to make the splitter from plywood!! Its just the valence above the splitter with the brake ducts etc thats kind of wrecked,,, was hoping to have it for the race but no luck....

Now the weather report says rain for Saturdays race......... I guess that mean I won't need a splitter Lol!

Bought a set of Dunlop Maxx gt tires for the rain... Had good wright ups and they wre very cheap.

TMO Supporting Vendors