Madly racing to get Madhatter to the races!

Discussion in 'Road Racing Forum' started by Bill Pemberton, May 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Grant 302

Grant 302 OPM Spent: $665,833 Moderator

As soon as the budget allows! This is the biggest untapped source for lateral grip available to you. If your splitter size isn't restricted either, I'd start looking at building one that you can live with on the street or is easily attachable for race days.

And good luck tracking down the misfires. I hope it's nothing serious.

Mad Hatter likes this.
  2. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Gotta go Faster

Will do!! Looks like we wil have to go through checking the whole wiring harness as it took quite the beating!

3. Grant 302

I believe it did! Even though they're 'just wires', they don't like being moved around much. Always a small miracle to me when they go back in place where they should be.

Mad Hatter likes this.
  4. Mad Hatter

Just an update on my Boss and our effort to take back out championship after crunching in the rain, have the trackspec hood grills on, the S550 15 brembos with Gloc R18 pads and a great big plywook splitter all just about ready for qualys on Friday and race on Saturday. Also will have the front Boss grill back on to complement the splitter and smooth-out the aero a bit.

Following my best effort too understand the excelente Aero thread, will be giving up the big open grill setup and use the hood grills to improve airflow to the radiator (with the stock Boss front grill in place (with added holes etc). That combind with added plus from less lift from the hood grills and a 6" plywood splitter to improve top speed. All to hopefully get in front of a 2018 Porsche GT3 (not a cup). My best lap is only about 0.2 seconds faster then the GT3, so I wanted to upgrade the brakes to try too nulify his ceramic brake advantage and keep him behind him.

We found a rubber seal with super sticky top&bottom thats used for sticking glass onto buildings, Will use it for sticking on the Splitter, apart from 4 struts and some 8 bolts and some gorilla tape on top of it all. It will also lower the splitter 5mm more :)

We have five more races this season and I have to win all of them too desplace the GT3 form the top. Crashing really left me behind.

upload_2019-6-11_21-24-13.png

Underside got cleaned up as well....
    upload_2019-6-11_22-4-5.png

Excuse the dirty car... Can't wash it in the shop..... picked up a little dirt from the last spin.
    upload_2019-6-11_21-37-59.png

Prepping the splitter for paint!
    upload_2019-6-11_21-40-39.png

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Grant 302 likes this.
  5. ArizonaBOSS

ArizonaBOSS Because racecar. Moderator

Great work getting her back together! Looks like some great improvements are coming!

6. ArizonaBOSS

Matt--if all that front aero works as intended, you are going to have a lot more front end grip at speed. You may need a wing or diffuser in the back to balance it out.

Mad Hatter likes this.
  7. Grant 302

I was gonna go with: Hurry up! ;)

He's already planning on one...if it's not ordered already. Been nagging about that for a while too. :D

Mad Hatter likes this.
  8. Mad Hatter

Yup!!! Grant spent almost all my money again! The Nine lives wang is ordered, 71" with three gurney flap options. 1/4", 1/2" and 3/4". Can't wait. With luck will have it installed for the following race. If I can't make it or the championship then would really like to win the 3 hour endura again. That was a high point!!

Our category is growing steadly.. We started with 10 cars in two categorias and now we have 25 in three. My buddies twin turbo 350Z nissan just got rebuilt by my engine builder and he got 500 rwhp.... But he does not have TMO behind him Lol.... (brakes are too small and running on 275 R7's)

Grant 302 likes this.
  9. Mad Hatter

Actually it was this video that caused me sleepless nights till I bought the dam wing......

ArizonaBOSS likes this.
  10. Mad Hatter

Hmm.. Maybe I should stiffen the front bar a little??? At least till the wing shows up.... Better be careful with the tail on high speed lift offs... thats been a problem for me...

11. Grant 302

Or throw the 550# springs back in up front...

Mad Hatter likes this.
  12. Mad Hatter

hmm... yes that sounds good...

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

13. Coz

Coz TMO Race

All this talk about ordering a wang and stiffening the front bar is a bit disturbing...;-)

14. ArizonaBOSS

Happy to be of service :)

Mad Hatter likes this.